Strange New Dog Behavior

Old August 28th 03, 05:00 PM
Deirdre S.

Default Strange New Dog Behavior

This is the first thing that came to my mind, too. That she wasn't
seeing as well as she used to, and was using another sense to confirm
the answer to the "Who is this?" question.

Deirdre

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 04:57:11 GMT, "Mary Rurup"
wrote:

This might not be, but you might want to have the vet check her vision?

Old August 28th 03, 10:30 PM
Jo Jo

Buddy nudges us with his nose all the time. Chelsea used to do that to.

I'm assuming Sophie is ok, other than that? Maybe its a new way of telling
you she loves you.

Jo Jo

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
Since we're talking dogs, Sophie has developed a strange new behavior that
has me puzzled. I wonder if any of you have any insight into this,

although
I'm not concerned about stopping the behavior, since it doesn't really

bother
me.

As most of you know, Sophie the Wonder Dog is a rescued Cairn Terrier

(same
breed as Toto) with a past history of abuse. We've had her for 9.5 years,
and she'll be ten years old last week. Unlike most Cairns, she's a

fearful
little girl. She's also totally attached to me, sometimes too much so.

Lately, she's started touching me with her nose when she finds me. If I

go
in the other room, or God Forbid, leave the house; I get a little wet nose
touching my legs or hand when I return. I don't really mind, but I swear
that the dog snorts Freon. That nose is cold! Definitely puts a spring in
the step on one of those middle of the night bathroom visits.

Anyone else have this experience? I've had dogs all my life, and none have
ever done this. OTOH, none of my other dogs ate fruit or tried to

frighten
off the furniture before, either.

Kathy N-V