Dyed Delicas II

Old February 7th 04, 04:27 PM
starlia

Default Dyed Delicas II

Did anyone ever come up with a solid - yes dyed delicas are okay or not? I
use Delicas in my loom projects because they work way better. Any thoughts?
I'm also going to get the fireline everyone mentioned.

Starlia

--
Saucy Glassworks
Saucy on eBay http://stores.ebay.com/id=24794712&ssPageName=L2

Old February 7th 04, 06:19 PM
Arondelle

starlia wrote:

Did anyone ever come up with a solid - yes dyed delicas are okay or not? I
use Delicas in my loom projects because they work way better. Any thoughts?
I'm also going to get the fireline everyone mentioned.

No word yet. )

I suppose one would defintely not want to used them in clothing
embellishment, where the finished product might end up in the washing
machine. (Yes, some twit might do this -- and then complain.)

My concern was with use in jewelry items that would come in contact with
perspiration, not to mention large items that would require a lot of
handling during construction. I don't use galvanized gold or silver
beads in large quantities since the "Celebration" banner project: quite
a few of the gold beads were nekkid by the time I finished. Having the
glass dye rub off during construction would be equally annoying.

Color-lined beads also have a problen with the color flaking off from
inside, but as long as they are locked in place by surrounding beads and
don't move around too much, this isn't as much of an issue. (Use in
weaving, yes; in stringing, no.)

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old February 7th 04, 10:13 PM
Christina Peterson

It's a personal choice. And personally, I will not use beads that
deteriorate that quickly. I don't like dyed beads, even avoiding dyed
stone. I don't use lined beads. I gave away all my beads with a metalic
matte finish because the fade. And I don't like the flat rigid look that
delicas make up into.

But that's me.

Tina

Old February 7th 04, 11:00 PM
starlia

I was thinking about doing a project with silver twisted bugle beads. Would
the inside wear out before I'm finished. It will be my first peyote stitch.
Yes I've done loom, but nothing else. I like the harder things first. LOL

Dyed Delicas Arondelle Beads 41 February 9th 04 05:22 AM
Delicas starlia Beads 1 November 10th 03 07:48 AM
Dyed Beads EL Beads 2 July 17th 03 02:25 PM