A Celebrations report

Old May 5th 10, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default A Celebrations report

Well, I did check in on Thursday, but to do nothing more than get my stuff
and do a quick run of the 'mall'. I was initially disappointed to see
nothing new (more on that later).

Friday, DD and drove down to have lunch with Margaret and do a few things in
Andover while we waited to pick her up after work. As arranged earlier, DD
and DH went off to spend some father-daughter time and Meg and I headed off
to our fun. She had a mission, which I'll let her tell you about, so we
quickly hit two favorite bead shops in Hudson and Salem NH. Then we headed
up to Contoocook Needlework Gallery for snacks and Susan's secret sale.

Along the way, we saw the sweetest, silliest thing. First, we approach this
fairly new Mustang convertible in bright red and bright red scalps gleaming
in the sun. My first thought was two guys in one of theirs middle life
crisis car. But as we pull up next to it, it was two gentlemen in their
70's, dentures out, both grinning like a house a fire. Good for them!

At CNG, we had a little wine, some gossip time and lots of shopping. I was
fairly good, one Crossed Wings chart of a Chickadee with fabric, a "grab
box" of silk ribbon (I've been eyeing it for the last few visits) and a
Theresa Layman Beehive pincushion which I've been drooling over for ages as
well. I went a little overboard because Susan was going to let me add my
birthday discount apply as well as my secret sale. Susan gave both of us CNG
shopping bags as well.

Swung by Celebrations on the way to drop Meg off at home and dropped off a
array of charts I knew I'd never stitch. We got some awesome ice cream and
then I dropped Meg off at home.

Saturday, I took DD out for breakfast as I would see her until Sunday after
her sleep over. Went to Celebrations, shopped, stitched and talked.

Loot from Saturday - one wooden, magnetic scissor holder (in green), ordered
the ladybug tape measure I had seen on Thursday (free shipping), some
discontinued WDW threads, some gaudy fiddlers cloth (dark gray with metallic
threads) and the supplies for one make it and take it class.

I ended up talking to Vikki Clayton for quite a bit. What a nice and classy
lady! She gave me a spool of her silk and some fabric so I would just go try
working with silk - I had confessed I was nervous about using silk fiber.
And we had a good time reassuring her about her "basket" for the Breast
Cancer Auction. This was her first Celebrations experience and when she
didn't see her basket in the "Chinese Auction" items, she was worried it
wasn't good enough for them. Instead, it was inside for the silent auction;
it went for $300.

On to dinner - Meg and I joined Bobbie V and her DIL and eventually by
Evelyn Mann. We were joined by three friends from TN and a woman from
Oregon. Evelynn won a door prize and we all got scissor holder kits and bags
with another kit designed by Susan Greening Davis. Dinner was good and I
really enjoyed the slides from the Victoria and Albert Museum. Then the
games - Margaret has the movie - our game was called JUNK IN THE TRUNK.
Need I say more.

---

There were some new vendors at Celebration which was good as I am really
bored with most of who is there - it is definitely a sampler lover's
paradise. Vikki Clayton, J Designs and the woodworker were new and most
welcome additions. There were fewer vendors and there was more room which I
was thrilled by - I don't like cramped quarters much.

Cheryl

Old May 5th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Thank you for the report! I felt I was there vicariously. This week's
Nordic Needle newsletter was a report of their stitching getaway, too,
and now I'm anxious to try a stitching retreat someday when time and
money converge. (Though those seem to be mutually exclusive properties,
LOL!)

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old May 5th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On May 5, 8:41�am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a wonderful time. Perhaps someday when the
family obligations subside I'll get to a stitching getaway.

Nancy
Old May 5th 10, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/5/10 10:31 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Plan on a NH road trip next year - share the hotel room and let Meg and I
plan the rest

Old May 5th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Plan on a NH road trip next year - share the hotel room and let Meg and I
plan the rest

I have had my eye on Celebrations in NH. A friend in Boston has been
after me to join her for a stitching retreat - anywhere - and this one
fits the bill nicely for us both. If not next year, then perhaps the
following one.

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old May 6th 10, 11:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/5/10 5:21 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Plan on a NH road trip next year - share the hotel room and let Meg and I
plan the rest

I have had my eye on Celebrations in NH. A friend in Boston has been
after me to join her for a stitching retreat - anywhere - and this one
fits the bill nicely for us both. If not next year, then perhaps the
following one.

sue

GOOD!

Old May 6th 10, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
snip

[...]

snip to save bandwidth

Friday DDIL Ayako and I arrived at Celebrations. Ayako is still a little
emotionally over losing her mother and I kept tissues close at hand. I
also had to remind her that crying in public is allowed in the US.
Anyway we checked in bought our raffle tickets and looked over the
"mall" we were barely in the door when they called Aya's name for a door
prize. It was a handful of VC's hand dyed silk ribbons. We spent some
time at WOOD BY C's booth where we each bought a scissor keep and I also
bought a shawl pin. A VC's booth Aya bought some perforated paper and
got 4 free patterns for ornaments (free) to use the silk ribbon. I
bought some silk dupoini paper and 2 $5 grab bags of silk ribbons. these
I did up into little "pillows" as gifts for friends on Saturday.

Saturday Aya and I caught up with Georgette, Meg, and Cheryl. We had
lunch together and checked into our room at the Marriott. We waited for
Evelyn to meet up with us. Aya had Japanese candy as gifts for them and
then on to dinner. We had a blast and this was the first time I did not
win a raffle.

I bought 2 Teresa Layman knot kits (one has a ladybug), some perforated
paper and ribbons, and the wooden scissor keep and shawl pin. a lean
year for stash as I really didn't need much, but I did by lots of raffle
tickets for Breast cancer research.

Bobbie V.
Old May 9th 10, 09:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"bobbieviorritto" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
snip

[...]

Am I losing it or is this someone that used to boogie as Rockin Robin???
And I ain't twiddlie dee! g

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old May 9th 10, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

Fred wrote:
"bobbieviorritto" wrote in message

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

snip

[...]

Rockin' Robin is a friend that use to live in NH and had attended
Celebrations in the past. She and her family now live in PA. I have
lived in NH for most of my childhood and move back in 1984. I've been a
member of RCTN since 1995 and attended every Celebrations since 1997.
I'm the one that had a Newfie named Bear and is also a friend of Linda
Moody's.

Bobbie V. in NH
Old May 9th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

Fred wrote:
"bobbieviorritto" wrote in message

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

snip

[...]

AHSO!
Geesh time flies, I haven't heard from Linda M for over a year. Last I heard
she was getting/doing major renovations to her house.
Thanks for the update.

Celebrations Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 May 3rd 09 01:16 PM
My Celebrations report Cheryl Isaak Needlework 7 May 9th 07 06:31 PM
Celebrations Queen City x-stitcher Needlework 0 April 28th 05 11:45 AM
My Celebrations report Cheryl Isaak Needlework 4 May 4th 04 07:29 PM
Celebrations Sali Parker Needlework 17 March 5th 04 04:00 PM