this made me chuckle

Old April 8th 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default this made me chuckle

a friend sent this thought, and it made me chuckle...and immediately
start thinking in terms of cross-stitch designs!

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly...on a broomstick...
We're flexible like that....

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old April 9th 10, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Susan Hartman wrote:
a friend sent this thought, and it made me chuckle...and immediately
start thinking in terms of cross-stitch designs!

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly...on a broomstick...
We're flexible like that....

sue

Hate to tell you this, Sue, but I was in an LNS yesterday, and it is a
new design by Sue Hillis L490. I believe it was one of the new releases
at Nashville; I bought L490 "Women are like Teabags; we never know how
strong we are until we are in hot water" ! It is part of her #Angels
with Attitudes" series.

Gillian

(back home after a great 3 day getaway..and a visit to a super LNS in
Ocala, FL.)
Old April 9th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Gillian Murray wrote:
Susan Hartman wrote:
a friend sent this thought, and it made me chuckle...and immediately
start thinking in terms of cross-stitch designs!

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly...on a broomstick...
We're flexible like that....

sue

Hate to tell you this, Sue, but I was in an LNS yesterday, and it is a
new design by Sue Hillis L490. I believe it was one of the new releases
at Nashville; I bought L490 "Women are like Teabags; we never know how
strong we are until we are in hot water" ! It is part of her #Angels
with Attitudes" series.

Gillian

(back home after a great 3 day getaway..and a visit to a super LNS in
Ocala, FL.)

Don't hate to tell me! Thanks for the tip!

.....But I've looked all over and can't find the chart anywhere on the
web. Not on SH's home page or Hoffman. If anyone else sees it, let me know!

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old April 9th 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Susan Hartman wrote:
Gillian Murray wrote:
Susan Hartman wrote:
[...]

On the back of the chart (Strong Women", which I bought, there is a
picture of it. In fact, I think there was a copy of it in the shop. The
owner said that the charts had just arrived...........don't know form
whom she ordered. If you want, I can scan it and email it to you.

Gill
Old April 10th 10, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Gillian Murray wrote:

On the back of the chart (Strong Women", which I bought, there is a
picture of it. In fact, I think there was a copy of it in the shop. The
owner said that the charts had just arrived...........don't know form
whom she ordered. If you want, I can scan it and email it to you.

Don't scan it....I've got SO many things going already, I don't need one
more temptation!! I'll wait patiently 'til it arrives at my LNS or I
see it on Hoffman. Ignorance, as they say, is bliss. vbg

Last night I went to a wonderful show with Archie Fisher (from Scotland)
and Garnet Rogers (from Canada). They traded songs, and Garnet played
fiddle on some of Archie's songs. I'd brought a clip-on "little bitty
nite lite," slipped it on the front of my dress pointed toward my lap,
and crocheted throughout, finishing up a lovely baby blanket with a
diagonal pattern in the center created by braided loops.

This is the pattern I used:
http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/leis...rochet-pattern

Mine is white, because someone gave me a pile of white yarn and I had to
use it for *something*! I've become known around church as the
repository for stash when someone downsizes or sorts out an estate.

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old April 10th 10, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/leis...han-crochet-pa
ttern

Mine is white, because someone gave me a pile of white yarn and I had to
use it for *something*! I've become known around church as the
repository for stash when someone downsizes or sorts out an estate.

sue

Sue,

You are toooooo cute. Lovely as always - oh repository that thou art. I
have to ask - was the show outdoors? It seems we're never at shows where I
can do something else besides sit in the dark quietly enjoying the show.

Just an aside - last week at "Master Class" with Tyne Daly - the folks
behind us were speaking, and I think my looks got dirtier and dirtier -
until I finally had to tell them in Yiddish - to be quiet. But, across the
aisle it was awesome. Some older woman was quite loudly speaking to her
companion (husband I assume) and would only be quiet very briefly - despite
the dirty looks all around - including from the actors on stage. Finally -
the guys in front of her (I'd say in their early 60s) turned around and 1
just said "STOP TALKING" - bringing a smile from the actor (they're quite
close to the stage - maybe 6 rows back. And congrats from the neighbors at
the break. Sadly - at the 2nd act - same thing with them.

The ushers actually had to come and get someone to shut their "texting"
phone off 'cause the screen light was disturbing. So now the announcer at
Ken Ctr has to say "Please turn OFF all cell phones, pagers, beeping alarms
AND TEXTING DEVICES!" Earning applause pre-show (it was the first time we'd
heard the new announcement. I applaud your ability to knit/crochet/stitch
and do it so well without interfering with anything or anyone - seriously.
And am jealous. I miss our Row A hockey seats where I could knit -
definitely has impacted my turning out of scarves and baby sweaters!

Ellice

Old April 11th 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

ellice wrote:
I have to ask - was the show outdoors? It seems we're never at shows where I
can do something else besides sit in the dark quietly enjoying the show.

No, it was in a church basement. I chose a table way over on the side,
and there was a candle on the table. I figured my little night light
wouldn't be any more distracting than a candle flame. (The light really
is tee-ninecy, as my Southern-accented neighbor would say, and I made
sure it wasn't shining outward. When I noticed my hands casting shadows,
I moved the light lower so as to be less possibly intrusive.) As usual,
several curious people asked to see the project when they walked by
during the intermission or after the show, so I feel it's stitching
PR!!! I can't cross-stitch under those conditions, but crochet is easy
enough with marginal light, as long as you're using a reasonably sized hook.

Just an aside - last week at "Master Class" with Tyne Daly

now I'M the jealous one! I saw a commercial for this, I think - or maybe
a newspaper article - and it looked like a terrific show!

For the rest of you - it's a play at the Kennedy Center in DC with Tyne
Daly (ex-"Cagney and Lacey") playing Maria Callas, the opera singer.

sue
Old April 13th 10, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Susan Hartman wrote:
Gillian Murray wrote:

[...]

Oh, Sue - we saw Garnet two months ago - he was brilliant as usual.
(When he said he didn't know how his wife put up with him, I called out
"She's a saint" -which got a laugh from him - so if he's using that
line in his show, you'll know where it came from).

(And you know that Garnet stitches - something I found out last year at
his show.)

We had reservations to see Archie this Wednesday, but had to cancel
since we are leaving for Mississippi on Wednesday morning. I've got
Garnet and Archie cds all packed for music on the trip.

Last month we saw James Keelaghan, and next month it's Fred Eaglesmith.
We are really lucky to have an acoustic venue (The Acoustic Grill)
here in town.

MargW