Realizing I should have taken up a different hobby

Old August 27th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Default Realizing I should have taken up a different hobby

Good luck with that, Sunny!!
I never made a fleece quilt for that reason! Can't deal w/the fuzz!

amy in CNY
Old September 2nd 10, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_3_]

This sounds like the one I just finished. A blue jean quilt backed with
chenille. The last blue jean quilt I did was backed with flannel, both
of the king size. Well this thing is way heavier then the one backed
with flannel. I had to get my hubby to help load it in the washer and
help again to switch to the dryer. Numerous times pulling it out of the
dryer to turn it as it goes into a ball and the middle is still soaking
wet. I suspect the receipt will be returning it here to get it washed.
The chenille I used was like a jacquard pattern but all white. I
actually found it in the drapery section. But it is lovely. And it will
be warm as requested. Even though it's huge nothing you can buy will
ever come close to the comfort these things give. So take you time and
be happy he wore his old one out! A true compliment!
Take Care
joanna

On 8/23/2010 8:52 AM, Sunny wrote:
The first truly quilted thing I made was a 'quilt' for my oldest son.
I used the yellow brick road pattern and had him pick out about 10
different patterns of fleece. It's huge. I made it long enough and
wide enough for him to roll completely up in, head and toes included
(he's 6'3"). I backed it with another layer of fleece and went to work
quilting in the ditch. That thing weighs about 50 pounds.

So now it's starting to succumb to all kinds of abuse and DS wants a
new quilt. This one also two layers of fleece, a 'real' pattern, and
quilted (not tied, as I tried to convince). Oh, and could the new one
be bigger please.

Why didn't I just take up gambling online? Or maybe metal work. Or
bonsai plants????

I'm not sure I'm up for this. I'll be taking the Janome in for a good
going over before starting. And maybe after finishing. Urk.

Sunny

New to the hobby Prima Quilting 13 November 18th 07 10:54 PM
Knittax Hobby S9 arlene Yarn 6 September 3rd 07 09:33 AM
New Hobby (NOT ON TOPIC) Butterfly Quilting 18 December 31st 05 07:31 PM
Hobby Horse The Reader General Crafting 0 July 25th 05 10:23 AM
HQ 16 vs Hobby Quilter Shirley.Caylor Quilting 9 July 2nd 04 12:38 PM