Help Bobbin thread is jamming on Singer Ispiration 4228

Old June 26th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
tiffsgames

Default Help Bobbin thread is jamming on Singer Ispiration 4228

Okay, I threaded the bobbin just fine. I even managed to raise the thred, I
just can't seem to follow their directions to get the bobbin threrd to
"flow" it keeps breaking. I know it's not a tension issue. I'm not
stairing at the book right now but I believe it says to go under slot 1
and over slot 2 then pull thread tail to back; which I did 100x.
Apparently I'm slow or something (of course my last machine was a late
70's model). Please someone walk me through this, I even tried Youtube and
found a video that would have been helpful had it not had bad lighting.
(Please excuse typos my keys are sticking).

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/gro...xtiles.sewing/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/faq.html

Old June 26th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

tiffsgames wrote:
Okay, I threaded the bobbin just fine. I even managed to
raise the thred, I just can't seem to follow their
directions to get the bobbin threrd to "flow" it keeps
breaking. I know it's not a tension issue. I'm not
stairing at the book right now but I believe it says to
go under slot 1 and over slot 2 then pull thread tail to
back; which I did 100x. Apparently I'm slow or something
(of course my last machine was a late 70's model). Please
someone walk me through this, I even tried Youtube and
found a video that would have been helpful had it not had
bad lighting. (Please excuse typos my keys are sticking).

I am not familiar with your particular machine, and I can't
find an online manual or threading diagram, but my standard
advice applies:

Completely unthread the machine, both bobbin and needle
path.

REPLACE the needle with a brand new one, being sure to
insert it properly (refer to your manual).

Using the instructions in the manual, thoroughly clean the
entire machine, and oil all designated spots.

Clean the thread path, using lint free heavy thread or cord,
especially between the tension disks.

Remove the bobbin, and if possible the bobbin case and use a
soft brush to clean all areas of the case, lubricate if the
manual instructs you to do so, re-insert the bobbin case.

With the presser foot UP, thread the needle path, including
the needle.

Place a properly wound bobbin in the bobbin case, thread the
bobbin path (and once again, have the manual open to the
threading diagram and be sure you are catching the thread
under/over EVERY spring/slot/opening), leaving a 6" tail.

Holding the end of the *needle* thread in your left hand,
and with your right hand manually turn the flywheel (again
be sure you are turning it in the right direction, refer to
your manual) a full turn, until the needle goes down, picks
up the bobbin thread, and brings it up. Place BOTH threads
between the toes and to the rear of the presser foot, being
sure you leave at least 6".

Place your fabric under the presser foot, lower the foot.
Holding the thread tails firmly with your *left* hand,
slowly start to sew.

If none of this works, you may have to take your machine
back to the shop where you bought it for service and
lessons/instructions.

Beverly, saving this to a text file....

Old June 26th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ron Anderson

"tiffsgames" wrote in message
lkaboutcrafting.com...
Okay, I threaded the bobbin just fine. I even managed to raise the thred,
just can't seem to follow their directions to get the bobbin threrd to
"flow" it keeps breaking. I know it's not a tension issue. I'm not
stairing at the book right now but I believe it says to go under slot 1
and over slot 2 then pull thread tail to back; which I did 100x.
Apparently I'm slow or something (of course my last machine was a late
70's model). Please someone walk me through this, I even tried Youtube and
found a video that would have been helpful had it not had bad lighting.
(Please excuse typos my keys are sticking).

--
Message posted using
http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/gro...xtiles.sewing/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/faq.html

That model has the one way bobbins. Are you using the bobbins that came with
the machine? I can't imagine how you could get it in wrong but if it is
difficult to insert, it should just fall in. Then perhaps turning the other
way around.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153

Old July 6th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Judie in Penfield NY[_3_]

tiffsgames wrote:
Okay, I threaded the bobbin just fine. I even managed to raise the thred, I
just can't seem to follow their directions to get the bobbin threrd to
"flow" it keeps breaking. I know it's not a tension issue. I'm not
stairing at the book right now but I believe it says to go under slot 1
and over slot 2 then pull thread tail to back; which I did 100x.
Apparently I'm slow or something (of course my last machine was a late
70's model). Please someone walk me through this, I even tried Youtube and
found a video that would have been helpful had it not had bad lighting.
(Please excuse typos my keys are sticking).

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/gro...xtiles.sewing/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/faq.html

Bev's advice/instructions are (as usual) excellent and should get you
sewing. But I looked at the Singer website and found that they have an
updated instruction manual available to be downloaded. Maybe the
directions you have are lacking in some way. Here's the product
information from the Singer website:

The new SINGER® Inspiration™ is simply the easiest.
• 28 built-in stitch patterns
• SureFit Bobbin™ - only one way to insert the bobbin. The right way!
• NoError Threading™ - You can't get it wrong.
• Fully automatic one-step buttonhole
• StayBright LED Light™ - long lasting illumination.
Download updated 4228 instruction manual.

and here's the link to the updated manual:

http://www.singerco.com/pdf/4228_4220_030707.pdf

Judie

Refill bobbin Singer 758 [email protected] Sewing 2 April 13th 07 01:17 AM
WHITE 999 bobbin jamming problems. dusty Sewing 5 December 1st 06 12:41 PM
Plz help - can't bobbin wind my new Singer XL Gina Miller Quilting 4 August 8th 06 09:48 PM
singer bobbin case Karen Quilting 2 April 22nd 06 03:56 AM
Singer 115 bobbin case [email protected] Sewing 1 January 6th 06 09:16 AM