News from Royce

Old March 11th 04, 03:58 AM
Royce

Default News from Royce

All this running around buying stuff to furnish a second home keeps me away
from the fridge & gets me moving. We can only do this stuff when DH has his
days off. This week it's W-Th.-F.

Today we went to the second hand shop again, set up for our furniture to be
delivered here on Friday, picked up a few more things, small kitchen stuff
like coffee mugs, cooking utensils, fireplace tools for the woodstove.

Then we went to Sam's Club for our regular grocery shopping, & stocked up on
dry goods & paper products & other staples for the cabin. Still not sure
about getting a small chest freezer for up there.

Then to Walmart for night lights, Telephone, brooms, mop, bucket, cleaning
tools & supplies, TV, DVD/CD/VCR combo, door mats for inside & out.

By the time we got done, it was 8:30PM & we hadn't had dinner yet, so we
just had cottage cheese & Pineapple for dinner. Then we tested the TV & DVD
player. Work great! Won't need to pay for cable. The DVD combo thingy has
the ability to edit foul language from whatever goes through the machine &
the TV! Way cool!

Now, I've got to sort everything & pack according to what room it goes in,
so it will be easier to unpack when we get there. DD2 is on Spring break
next week, & will be able to help with that. I still have to get my mom's
dishes out of the storage shed, got through the kitchen cabinets for
duplicates of things, but it's getting there.

I've been working on a small Spring wall hanging for my LQS as a kit sample,
and I finally got the nerve to open the Brother SM the kids gave me for
Christmas to do the machine applique & MQ. I'm in heaven! It threads the
needle all by itself, has 50 different stitches, all adjustable in length &
width, needle up/down button, stop/start button, adjustable speed which I
can set & forget. It came with a foot pedal, but you don't need to use it.
I don't know how I've gotten along without it all these years!

Well, that's all for now, girls. Everyone keep up the good work!

Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old March 11th 04, 09:31 AM
Kate Dicey

Royce wrote:

[...]

Sounds like fun! It all this running about and not eating doing good
things to
your waistline?

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old March 11th 04, 12:34 PM
Queen of Squishies

Can we all say, "Royce is excited!" I'm so happy for you Royce, sounds like
you are having a ball. Go ahead and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old March 11th 04, 03:03 PM
Taria

Royce is excited! It does sound like she is having fun. Kind of
neat to be able to look forward to a get away home.
Taria