Congrats, Kalera!

Old June 25th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default Congrats, Kalera!

Just picked up the latest issue of BeadStyle and our own Kalera has a letter
to the editor regarding Austin Hamilton. Not only did her letter get
published, I do not see an ad for AH in the magazine!

You GO, girl!

Linda2

Old June 25th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Just picked up the latest issue of BeadStyle and our own Kalera has a letter
to the editor regarding Austin Hamilton. Not only did her letter get
published, I do not see an ad for AH in the magazine!

You GO, girl!

Linda2

Absolutely! Now if only the other magazines would listen too!

-Su

Old June 25th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I saw that too! YEY! And they allowed the mention of Austin Hamilton's
company name, which should really help a lot.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
nk.net...

Old June 26th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Way to go, Kalera!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

nk.net...

Old June 26th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I'll add another Yay! to the chorus.

Ingrid

Old June 28th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Thank you! I need to go get me a copy... I've still not seen it, and
furthermore I can't even remember what I said because it was an email I
sent to my ad rep to thank them for not having AH advertising, LOL!

http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.bridgetownglass.com
On eBay: http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old June 29th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

I'm only just getting back to eBay after a two year absence. I
discovered Austin Hamilton and thought "wow, what a prolific bead
maker". The more I looked, the more it didn't seem possible that one
person was making all these beads (549 auctions out there as of my
current count). So I looked around on the different lampwork sites and
found out the skinny on this company.

Good for you Kalera, for taking the time to "get it out there" so that
people know what they are dealing with.

Jill

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/evil*eye*jill/

Old June 30th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Kalera wrote:

Thank you! I need to go get me a copy... I've still not seen it, and
furthermore I can't even remember what I said because it was an email I
sent to my ad rep to thank them for not having AH advertising, LOL!

So, any news on magazines that do not have AH adverts?

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old July 1st 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

No new news! However, I think the tide is changing. Your idea for the
full-page ad is wonderful... I hope that does pan out.

One suggestion I have is to place the ad in Beadwork, because we
(artisan beadmakers) have pretty much been snubbed by Kalmbach
Publishing and having a FULL PAGE ad in their competitor is money right
out of their pocket... money they lose because of their stance in
refusing to give credibility to the evidence of wrongdoing on the part
of one advertiser.

Last, I think the ad would gain credibility if the associated website
listed concerned jewelry designers & links to their site without having
to make a donation. That would help show that jewelry designers (the
largest customer base for these magazines) are also concerned, which
would make less-informed designers take note of the issue, and would
also help wake up the magazines.

Su wrote:
Kalera wrote:

Thank you! I need to go get me a copy... I've still not seen it, and
furthermore I can't even remember what I said because it was an email I
sent to my ad rep to thank them for not having AH advertising, LOL!

So, any news on magazines that do not have AH adverts?

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.bridgetownglass.com
On eBay: http://www.snurl.com/1sfe

Got my Kalera Beads Today! Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 1 August 25th 04 06:04 AM
Kalera package Kalera Stratton Beads 0 July 20th 04 07:50 PM
Congrats, Grant! Kyla Polymer Clay 1 July 9th 04 09:07 PM
Congrats, Marlins! Ellison Quilting 12 October 27th 03 03:14 AM