HJÄLPA MIG AUD!!!

Old December 15th 03, 09:59 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Default HJÄLPA MIG AUD!!!

http://www.odla.nu/krydd/persilja.shtml

Eller någon vem vet den här!!!!!!!!! I want you to translate
this in English!!!!!!! I do not know how to say that thing
that link tells about!!!!!!! HELP HILFE
HJÄLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L'AIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speechlessly: P.I

Old December 15th 03, 10:07 PM
Anna MCM

Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:
http://www.odla.nu/krydd/persilja.shtml
=20
Eller n=E5gon vem vet den h=E4r!!!!!!!!! I want you to translate
this in English!!!!!!! I do not know how to say that thing
that link tells about!!!!!!! HELP HILFE
HJ=C4LP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L'AIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
=20
Speechlessly: P.I
=20

I=B4m going to translate it right now. It=B4s apage about parsley.
Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old December 15th 03, 10:21 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:07:39 +0100, Anna MCM wrote:

Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:
http://www.odla.nu/krydd/persilja.shtml

Eller någon vem vet den här!!!!!!!!! I want you to translate
this in English!!!!!!! I do not know how to say that thing
that link tells about!!!!!!! HELP HILFE
HJÄLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L'AIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speechlessly: P.I

I´m going to translate it right now. It´s apage about parsley.
Hugs,

Anna Maria

Anna Maria,
I couldn't translate this for her, but she put in another request with a
link to the picture, and I 'just' told her in that thread that yes, it's
PARSLEY.
Hugs,
Noreen
we work together, hey?

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 15th 03, 10:35 PM
Anna MCM

Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:

http://www.odla.nu/krydd/persilja.shtml
=20
Eller n=E5gon vem vet den h=E4r!!!!!!!!! I want you to translate
this in English!!!!!!! I do not know how to say that thing
that link tells about!!!!!!! HELP HILFE
HJ=C4LP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L'AIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
=20
Speechlessly: P.I
=20

Parsley

with ruffled leaves:
Petroselinum crispum
Umbelliferae

with plain leaves:
Petroselinum neapolitanum
Umbelliferae

Parsley is very used in the swedish cooking and it has been planted=20
since a long time. It was loved both by Greeks and Romans. They used it =

as a spivce in their meals and made crowns out of that.

Description of the plant:

Biennal plant which will be 25 cm tall. We have two varieties: one with=20
ruffled leaves and one with plain ones. Parsley has little green.white=20
flowers which comes in groups. Roots look like long and thin carrots.=20
The dark gree, a little bit sticky =F6leaves of the ruffled variety look=
=20
very different from the plain ones. The plain ones are generally=20
recognized a richer flavour. Fresh parsley leaves are good for health.
They cointain between other things iron, calcium and vitamin A and C.

Growing parsley:

The soil must be rich and well drained. Parsely likes calcium rich soil. =

The place has to be sunny or half shadow. Palnt the seed deep during=20
spring when he soil will be warm enough. It takes usually long time for=20
the seed to grow. Don=B4t lose your faith, but water a little bite once i=
n=20
a while, so that parsley will eventually grow up. Divide then to a=20
distance of 15 cm. Parsely is best first year, when it gives leaves=20
only. During the second year it will flower. For helping the grow of the =

leaves you have to take away the floral stalks. If you want it to=20
selfreproduce for the next year you have to leave some plants flower.=20
Mother Nature will take care of the following process!

Anv=E4ndning:
B=E5de stj=E4lkar och blad kan anv=E4ndas f=E4rska eller djupfrysta. Det =
g=E5r=20
=E4ven att torka bladen. Sl=E4tbladig persilja beh=F6ver inte hackas lika=
=20
mycket som den krusbladiga. Den =E4r inte "stickig" p=E5 samma s=E4tt.=20
Persilja kan ing=E5 som en del i kryddbuketten bouquet garni tillsammans =

med tex. mejram, lager och timjan. I =F6vrigt passar persiljan som krydda=
=20
till tex. soppor, =E4ggr=E4tter, marinader, gr=F6nsaker, potatis, s=E5s, =
k=F6tt=20
och fisk.

Use:

Both stals and leaves can be used fresh or frozen. It=B4s even possible t=
o=20
dry the leaves. The plain leaves varieted doens=B4t need to be chopped as=
=20
much as the ruffled one. It=B4s not as "sticky".
Parsley can be used in spice bouquet "bouquet garni" together with bay=20
leaves, majoran and time. In general parsley is used for soups, eggs,=20
marinades, vegetables, potatoes, sauces, meat and fish.

Hope my translation is clear enough.
I add just this: parsley is good, but don=B4t eat too much (I mean: reall=
y=20
A LOT), it can be poisonous.

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old December 15th 03, 10:40 PM
Anna MCM

Anna MCM wrote:

=20
=20
Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:
=20
http://www.odla.nu/krydd/persilja.shtml

Eller n=E5gon vem vet den h=E4r!!!!!!!!! I want you to translate
this in English!!!!!!! I do not know how to say that thing
that link tells about!!!!!!! HELP HILFE
HJ=C4LP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L'AIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parsley

with ruffled leaves:
Petroselinum crispum
Umbelliferae

with plain leaves:
Petroselinum neapolitanum
Umbelliferae

Parsley is very used in the swedish cooking and it has been planted=20
since a long time.
It was loved both by Greeks and Romans.
They used it as a spice in their meals and made crowns out of that.

Description of the plant:

Biennal plant which will be 25 cm high.

We have two varieties: one with ruffled leaves and one with plain ones.
Parsley has little green-white flowers which comes in groups.
Roots look like long and thin carrots.
The dark gree, a little bit sticky leaves of the ruffled variety look=20
very different from the ones of the plain one.
The plain ones are generally recognized a richer flavour. Fresh parsley=20
leaves are good for health.
They cointain between other things iron, calcium and vitamin A and C.

Growing parsley:

The soil must be rich and well drained. Parsely likes calcium rich soil.
The place has to be sunny or half shadow. Palnt the seed deep during=20
spring when he soil will be warm enough.
It takes usually long time for the seed to grow.
Don=B4t lose your faith, but water a little bite once in a while, so that=
=20
parsley will eventually grow up.
Divide then to a distance of 15 cm. Parsely is best first year, when it=20
gives leaves only.
During the second year it will flower (bolt?).
For helping the grow of the leaves you have to take away the floral stalk=
s.
If you want it to selfreproduce for the next year you have to leave some =

plants flower.
Mother Nature will take care of the following process!

Use:

Both stals and leaves can be used fresh or frozen. It=B4s even possible t=
o=20
dry the leaves.
The plain leaves variety doens=B4t need to be chopped as much as the=20
ruffled one, since it=B4s not as "sticky".
Parsley can be used in spice bouquet "bouquet garni" together with bay=20
leaves, majoran and time.
In general parsley is used for soups, eggs, marinades, vegetables,=20

Old December 15th 03, 11:00 PM
Aud

Anna Maria "won" this time! LOL!
Just ask, I may help another time!
hyvää yötä ;-)
hugs
AUD ;-)

--

"Pirjo Ilvesvuori" skrev i melding

Old December 15th 03, 11:03 PM
Aud

Well, then she have to eat at least a bucket, I suppose,
it is very light weighted!
And I think she is "full up" before that! LOL!
AUD

--

"Anna MCM" skrev i melding

Anna MCM wrote:

Pirjo Ilvesvuori wrote:

[...]

Don´t lose your faith, but water a little bite once in a while, so that
parsley will eventually grow up.
Divide then to a distance of 15 cm. Parsely is best first year, when it
gives leaves only.
During the second year it will flower (bolt?).
For helping the grow of the leaves you have to take away the floral stalks.
If you want it to selfreproduce for the next year you have to leave some
plants flower.
Mother Nature will take care of the following process!

Use:

Both stals and leaves can be used fresh or frozen. It´s even possible to
dry the leaves.
The plain leaves variety doens´t need to be chopped as much as the
ruffled one, since it´s not as "sticky".
Parsley can be used in spice bouquet "bouquet garni" together with bay
leaves, majoran and time.
In general parsley is used for soups, eggs, marinades, vegetables,
potatoes, sauces, meat and fish.

Hope my translation is clear enough.
I add just this: parsley is good, but don´t eat too much (I mean: really
A LOT), it can be poisonous.

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old December 15th 03, 11:04 PM
Anna MCM

Aud wrote:

Well, then she have to eat at least a bucket, I suppose,
it is very light weighted!
And I think she is "full up" before that! LOL!
=20

Yes, of course and maybe a bucket is not enough to get poisoned.
My mother makes a delicius green parsley sauce to accompany boiled meat. =

I can=B4t refrain to eat really a lot of it every time she makes it (I=20
even steal it from the fridga LOL) and nothing bad happened to me.
Anyway, it=B4s better to know the risk :-)

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old December 15th 03, 11:33 PM
Aud

May be you got more "brisk" and strong from it, Anna Maria;-)
You made me hungry!LOL Parsley tastes wonderful!
AUD ;-)

--

"Anna MCM" skrev i melding

Aud wrote:

Well, then she have to eat at least a bucket, I suppose,
it is very light weighted!
And I think she is "full up" before that! LOL!

Yes, of course and maybe a bucket is not enough to get poisoned.
My mother makes a delicius green parsley sauce to accompany boiled meat.
I can´t refrain to eat really a lot of it every time she makes it (I
even steal it from the fridga LOL) and nothing bad happened to me.
Anyway, it´s better to know the risk :-)

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old December 16th 03, 01:15 AM
JJMolvik

Parsley Trivia:

It is one of the "Bitter Herbs" referred to in the Bible for Passover.

JJMolvik