My yarn addiction

Old December 15th 03, 10:28 PM
Elsa

Janise Ross wrote:
Elsa,
It's interesting that you say that Cascade fulls up so well. Last week,
there was a discussion on the KnitList where someone reported that it didn't
full up as much as she had thought it would. I have not used it...only
Brown Sheep worsted and bulky, and the bulky fulled up better than the
worsted doubled.

Janise

Well, it was the first time I've fulled, so I could be misled. However,
I have seen a purse made from fulled Cascade 220 and it had a nice, tight
fabric. It seems to be better suited for purses, bags, hats and such rather
than for slippers.

My shrinkage stats are thus:

original: 18 stiches = 12.5cm
18 rows = 8.25cm

fulled: 18 stiches = 11 cm
18 rows = 6 cm

Is that good/average/bad?

-Elsa the newbie fuller

Old December 16th 03, 12:32 AM
enigma

"Janise Ross" wrote in
:

Elsa,
It's interesting that you say that Cascade fulls up so
well. Last week,
there was a discussion on the KnitList where someone
reported that it didn't full up as much as she had thought
it would. I have not used it...only Brown Sheep worsted
and bulky, and the bulky fulled up better than the worsted
doubled.

it could be what color she used. different dyes cause things
to full differently within the same brand of yarn. in general,
white & 'natural' off white yarns don't full well at all
because they're bleached.
lee
Old December 16th 03, 06:22 AM
news.sonic.net

Myka -
I don't have an email account set up for this newsgroup account, but I'd
love to talk to yyou about some discontinued acrylics for my hats for the
homeless project.
My yahoo name is brillohead.
Would you be willing to email me?

Kelly
"Myka KS" wrote in message
Ladies, I know my mother would be thrilled to have three new daughters,

and
I'd be thrilled to have three new sisters. Being an only child has its

fair
share of trials, I can tell you!

On a serious note, what types of yarn are y'all looking for and I'd be

happy
to share the bounty I receive. She mostly sends crochet thread (as I've
been collecting for those cute Winnie the Pooh dolls) and worsted weight
acrylic that's being discontinued. As it is now, I have yarn that I have

no
idea what I'm going to do with. And there is only so much extra space in
the attic. :-) If you have a project you are in need for, e-mail me off
list and I'll see if I can't help you out!

Blessings,
Myka (who is now freed from final exams for the fall, hooray!!!)

--
Spam trap hint: contact me at the acronym
JustUnderNineOlives = juno

Old December 17th 03, 05:30 AM
Stella Fenley

Let me know as well.If you care ,too.Stella
"Myka KS" wrote in message
[...]

ISO Yarn Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 12 September 25th 04 02:19 PM
Yarn Forward Yarn Forward Yarn 2 November 30th 03 09:52 PM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 03:19 AM
Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM
New Yarn - Bernat Lu Lu Make Up Yarn 6 July 29th 03 09:16 AM