new RED swearter

Old February 24th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default new RED swearter

I just received EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket DVD with Meg Swansen......have
watched it and can't wait to start.....at the end she shows finished
sweaters and includes an Adult version.....I really like it and just noticed
one of the workshops for our Guilds retreat is "Adult Surprise Jacket" for
the class a toddler size will be made. The instructor is Suzanne Atkinson
from Orleans, Ontario so I hope to get the baby version done before the
class in April so I will be ahead of the game ;-) I am slow in a workshop.

Donna

wrote:
If I were knitting another top down sweater, I would study Meg
Swanson's work very carefully. Her mother (EZ) was one of the
form's foremost advocates. MS has EZ's knitting journals and I think
that in her later books, MS perfects the form.

A.

Old February 24th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Dennis yesterday i found a mistake and ripped out 2 [ long ] rows ,,
my only problem besides worrying if i calculated all patterns in
proper place , was that the increase of stitches doesn`t enable me to
make the ` whole pattern at once`,,, if i already come to the point of
k 2 together , but still haven`t got the place to make the loop ,,,,
it is not clever to knit those 2 tog, i just k2 ,,, this makes the top
a bit messy looking ot strange ,,, but the more stiches i get the
better it becomes ,,, USUALLY i play and calculate till the TOP looks
perfect , patterns are joining or rather sprouting, from each other
in harmony ,, this time , no matter how i drew my pattern ,,,,, it
wouldn`t do it ,, may be i should have [ i still am thinking about
doing it ????????????] just work in knit or some other neutral pattern
till i have all stitcches , i am going to look and if i am not happy i
will do just that ,,,i must tried to see if i could moove the pattern
like a braid on the front , but it won`t do it neatly ,,
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
OHHHHH i started my new RED sweater , i found a nice pattern , spent
most day calculating [wish me luck !!!] because i start from the neck
down , the posittion of the various deatails so that they meet [ WISH
] at the underarms ,,,
mirjam

Mirjam,

I have made several top down sweaters. Please let us know how it turns
out and maybe a picture.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Mirjam,

I see your are way ahead of me in top down sweaters. I will have to get
the book you and Aaron mentioned and read up on them. I think they have
the one that Aaron mentioned in the local library.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old February 24th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dennis look for a Margaret Hubert book , they are much more to the
point .
mirjam

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
OHHHHH i started my new RED sweater , i found a nice pattern , spent
most day calculating [wish me luck !!!] because i start from the neck
down , the posittion of the various deatails so that they meet [ WISH
] at the underarms ,,,
mirjam

Mirjam,

I have made several top down sweaters. Please let us know how it turns
out and maybe a picture.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Aaron,

The local library has a few Meg Swanson's books. I will have to look
them up.

Thanks,
Dennis

Old February 25th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dennis
I can send you my crochet one and explain to you how to knit the one
we do , Zimmermann , just knitted a shawl which she turned and
stiched invisibly.......
the idea we had was start it in the middle !!!!!
1. Guague your wool .
2 most moebious [ name of a mathematician] are about 150 cm ,
measure yourself by laying the tape measure on your neck than hanging
forward see where it meets and if it seems reasonable long for you
,, [ remember it is closed , no open hanging edges]
3. calculate how many stiches you have to cast on for 15o cm [ or your
own preffered length]
NOW PAY ATTENTION , if you have ever knitted something in the round ,
like socks !!!! lay the circular needle with the amount of stitches
=150 cm [or your size] , see that it is all straightly lined,,, pick
both sides up in your hands put them close as if you want to close
them ,put a colored marker [ a knotted thread in another color]
INSTEAD OF KNITTING IN THE ROUND ON TOP OF FIRST STITCH , YOU
T U R N , the 1st stitch and cast on an added stitch ON THE BOTTOM
of first stitch AND DO NOT TAKE IT OFF THE LEFT side needle ,,, this
way go on casting on stitches ON THE BOTTOM of former stitches without
taking them off the needle , till you come back to the marker , now
KNIT AND Purl till you feel it is long ernough ,
you will realize that you work in an & or 8 shape ,,,, it is advised
not to only purl or only knit as there is only one side to this work
and the edge is one continous line ,,,, dont worry when you see your
work has a twist THAT IS the whole idea ,,,
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
OHHHHH i started my new RED sweater , i found a nice pattern , spent
most day calculating [wish me luck !!!] because i start from the neck
down , the posittion of the various deatails so that they meet [ WISH
] at the underarms ,,,
mirjam

Mirjam,

I have made several top down sweaters. Please let us know how it turns
out and maybe a picture.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Aaron,

The local library has a few Meg Swanson's books. I will have to look
them up.

Thanks,
Dennis

I think that the Rockford, IL library has that one. I will check it out
Mirjam.

I am thinking about trying the Mobeus or how ever you spell it. you all
have have me interested.

I will look but, do you know of any good patterns on-line.

Shalom,

Dennis

Old February 25th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
[...]

Thank you Mirjam, I will try it soon. I have found several on the net
but was not impressed. I will try the basic in knit and purl and then
try something else.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail