a small RANT, if you will

Old February 9th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default a small RANT, if you will

Darlene , you were Ok in your writing , i didn`t misinterpret like
this new person here as real payment i understood that you meant
reaction from the reciever that he/she likes your present ,,,,
mirjam

I didn't say I was looking for payment. What I was saying that it's
nice when you can sometimes receive a hug or see a smile when you drop
items off at the charity that you help.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word payment.

Darlene in Toronto

Old February 9th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Welcome Intials ,,,,
Everyone is well accepted on this ng !!! But i must say that making
your entrance with an attack on some of our friends here, isn`t the
most impressive entrance.
Charity, is a very personal thing, i am sure even without asking that
most people here do what they can, for others.
Not being of your continent i didn`t want to add opinions to this
debate. But i was very insulted for my friends here, when you wrote
what you wrote.
mirjam

Old February 9th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Speaking of poor countries ,,, i am proud to say that we are a poor
country yet doctors from Israel , travel to Africa and South America
who are poorer than we are , And there they operate on local sick
children, Free for the children , and paid by our Doctors + medicines
donated by various establishments here in Israel.
mirjam

"nbjess" wrote in message
roups.com...
I do donate to local charities when I can..and I DID NOT PAY FOR ANY
POSTAGE TO SEND THE TEDDIES.. A group of "Helping Hands for Haiti"
health care workers are travelling there on Feb 11th and have donated
sports bag to pack them in..and they are shipping them with their own
suitcases.. Sorry to dissapoint everyone..Anything I could donated is
my time and a lot of left over yarn from years gone by.

I think it's great! Haiti is something like the 2nd poorest nation in the
world, and although there are certainly lots of other poor countries (and
poor areas in our own country), if there's a group already going down there,
what a perfect opportunity to send something with for the children.
Especially since the group is health care workers, no doubt treating their
share of kids with illnesses. I'm sure it will be a treat for them to be
able to give the kids a teddy.

Old February 9th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default a small RANT, and a problem...

I happen to be one of those ....who believes
that charity begins at home.

Last summer my dh bought about 40 kindly used Barbie dolls at a thrift
store because he knew I enjoyed making little wardrobes for them. The
idea was to donate the dolls to charities at Christmas. I've run
across a small snag, however. Nobody wants 'used' toys. Charities now
days only want new stuff and tho the clothes I make are new, the dolls
are not so... they are all still 'homeless' dolls.
Most of you in this charity discussion seem to be Canadians, I'm in
California... maybe things are differnt there?
I'm sure some little girl would love these dolls even tho they are not
as cuddly as teddy bears but it looks like they'll never find her.
Hazel

Old February 9th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The YarnWright" wrote in message

I have to assume that your newsreader doesn't show all the posts, there
were some horrendous ones.
Noreen

My newsreader is Outook Express and it doesn't eliminate any of the posts.
Nor have I ever seen any evidence that my ISP dumps any. If any post might
be considered offensive by some people, it would be yours telling a Canadian
that it would be better to donate to Americans than to Haitians.

--
Jan in MN

Old February 9th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Welcome Intials ,,,,
Everyone is well accepted on this ng !!! But i must say that making
your entrance with an attack on some of our friends here, isn`t the
most impressive entrance.
Charity, is a very personal thing, i am sure even without asking that
most people here do what they can, for others.
Not being of your continent i didn`t want to add opinions to this
debate. But i was very insulted for my friends here, when you wrote
what you wrote.
mirjam

Hi Mirjam, are you addressing this to nbjess? She didn't enter the group by
making an attack but rather initiated the discussion by posting about her
teddy bear project. Also, she has here posted previously. For anyone who
is interested, you can see some pictures of the teddies by going to
www.nbjess.com and clicking on the Teddies for Tragedies link.

--
Jan in MN

Old February 9th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The Jonathan Lady" wrote in message
"The YarnWright" wrote in message

I have to assume that your newsreader doesn't show all the posts, there
were some horrendous ones.
Noreen

My newsreader is Outook Express and it doesn't eliminate any of the
posts.
Nor have I ever seen any evidence that my ISP dumps any. If any post
might
be considered offensive by some people, it would be yours telling a
Canadian
that it would be better to donate to Americans than to Haitians.

--
Jan in MN

Jan, AMERICANS *means* North Americans, duh!
Noreen

Old February 9th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Hazel" wrote in message
oups.com...
I happen to be one of those ....who believes
that charity begins at home.

Last summer my dh bought about 40 kindly used Barbie dolls at a thrift
store because he knew I enjoyed making little wardrobes for them. The
idea was to donate the dolls to charities at Christmas. I've run
across a small snag, however. Nobody wants 'used' toys. Charities now
days only want new stuff and tho the clothes I make are new, the dolls
are not so... they are all still 'homeless' dolls.
Most of you in this charity discussion seem to be Canadians, I'm in
California... maybe things are differnt there?
I'm sure some little girl would love these dolls even tho they are not
as cuddly as teddy bears but it looks like they'll never find her.
Hazel

Aww, Hazel!
I know plenty of charities that still take gently used toys, dolls,
clothing etc..... I hope you find one for your dolls in their new finery!
Childrens Hospital waiting rooms, etc are a great place, btw.
Noreen

Old February 9th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"The YarnWright" wrote in message

Jan, AMERICANS *means* North Americans, duh!
Noreen

Maybe to you Noreen, but as a Canadian, I refer to myself as a Canadian, not
an American. Just like U.S.American people, we also have pride in being
from our country, not a continent. I doubt you'll find many people who
consider Americans to be an all inclusive term for North America. And just
to be clear, this comment is not meant to be insulting - it's meant to give
you another point of view.

Shelagh

Old February 9th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default a small RANT, if you will - GRIN, Shelagh!

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"The YarnWright" wrote in message

Jan, AMERICANS *means* North Americans, duh!
Noreen

Maybe to you Noreen, but as a Canadian, I refer to myself as a Canadian,
not
an American. Just like U.S.American people, we also have pride in being
from our country, not a continent. I doubt you'll find many people who
consider Americans to be an all inclusive term for North America. And
just
to be clear, this comment is not meant to be insulting - it's meant to
give
you another point of view.

Shelagh

Point taken, Shelagh
I, do, however think of North America as home to us all....
JM2C

Noreen