Shipping

Old December 2nd 05, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Shipping/Siri's of California link

Karen-

Here's the link to Siri's of California's eBay store

http://stores.ebay.com/Siris-of-California

You'll be pleased, I'm sure! I just received my 40 FQs about 30 min.
ago!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Queen of Squishies wrote:
link please?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

(Siri's also answers emails
promptly and are very nice to deal with- I recommend them highly.)

Leslie (certified cheapskate) & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 2nd 05, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Beware of Siri's! LOL I have spent almost $200 there this week in
two orders..... YIKES!

Leslie (Certified Batik Freak) & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 2nd 05, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Shipping

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
I feel the way you do. But I realized the other day that every time I sent
back some item I mail-ordered, the company pays for that too. So probably
all the people who keep their orders are actually paying extra so the
company doesn't lose on the returns.
Roberta in D

Sometimes they pay for return shipping and sometimes they don't. I just
returned something to Cabela's and _I_ paid for shipping.

Cindy

Old December 3rd 05, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

teleflora wrote:
"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message

I feel the way you do. But I realized the other day that every time I sent
back some item I mail-ordered, the company pays for that too. So probably
all the people who keep their orders are actually paying extra so the
company doesn't lose on the returns.
Roberta in D

Sometimes they pay for return shipping and sometimes they don't. I just
returned something to Cabela's and _I_ paid for shipping.

Cindy

Same with Eddie Bauer. You pay shipping to return it and the original
shipping and handling charges are not refunded. You can return it to a
store and not pay for return shipping. If you go to a store and phone in
your order, you don't pay any shipping either. Since I have a store
nearby, but it doesn't usually have what I want, I go to the store to
phone in my order rather than order online.

You pay shipping to return to J.C.Penney, and they don't refund the
original shipping costs unless they made a mistake.

You also pay return shipping at amazon.com unless the return is the
result of their mistake.

Bottom line -- if you think you may want to return something it is best
to check their return policy.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 3rd 05, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

it's obviously not the shipping, but the handling.... )

teleflora wrote:

Ok, it's really starting to bug me. I know that the price of everything is
going up, but explain to me why shipping a CD to me should cost a company
$7.98? I would rather the CD cost me $8 more than to feel like I'm getting
ripped off like this. I emailed them and said I could DRIVE to Kansas City
cheaper than their shipping rate. It's Vintage Workshop (so it is on topic)
and I love their stuff.

What's the deal??

Cindy

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 3rd 05, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

same here. there is a uruguayan grocery shop that sells some hard to
find products that I'd like once in a while. once I put my order
together all excited about it and then I saw the S&H and had to cancel
it because there was no way I was going to let them rob me like that,
homesickness or no homesickness!

Polly Esther wrote:

Many times, I've seen the shipping and handling charges at the end of an
online order and cancelled the whole thing. Some places must think I'm as
dumb as I look. Polly

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old December 4th 05, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Guess I don't see the difference, but it is probably a matter of
perspective. Wherever I buy I only look at the total to see how badly I
want it (and whether I think it is worth the price).

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Yes, that is correct Phyllis. BUT ... when I buy fabic at my lovely LQS,
I am not charged for the services of the associate who cuts and wrapes
my purchases. The owner has figured that into the overhead. IMO, catalog
stores should do the same. I shop accordingly. PAT

Phyllis Nilsson wrote:

It is the "handling" part of shipping and handling. The charge for
handling is the cost of labor to get it ready for and actually
shipping it which is added to the cost of the item, packaging
materials, and actual postage.