Post Office Woes (Mostly-OT)

Old December 1st 05, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Post Office Woes (Mostly-OT)

I'm having post office woe's. I am missing two, possibly three packages.
Two, the website says were delivered on 11/23.

Oddly enough, on 11/23, somebody other than an authorized person used my
credit card. And, I checked, dh and I both have our credit cards.

One of the packages was swimsuits, but two were fabrics and paints/dyes. I
had a specific project in mind for the fabrics, not to mention the fact that
they were an auction that can't be replaced...Grrrr...

Anybody have any experience dealing with money retrieval from the PO?

Juli

Old December 1st 05, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

no experience with it but Good luck.

T.

Old December 1st 05, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I bought two small antique milk glass lamps on eBay and they were
broken during shipping thru the p.o. It took about a month, but I got
the money without any troubles- other than they sent the money to the
*shipper*! *I* was the person who paid for them and *I* was the person
who was out the $$$. I didn't think that was right, but the eBay
seller was really nice about sending the money to me- thank goodness!
Missing stuff may be different- I had the broken lamps to turn in with
my claim.

Sorry this happened to you and good luck getting it fixed.....

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 1st 05, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

If you insured the items, and they were less than $50, the post office will
pay you on the spot. Otherwise, you have to fill out the paperwork and they
will send you a check. the PO is the one delivery service that does not
give you a hassle about paying off on the insurance.

Old December 1st 05, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Leslie,

On the USPS insurance claim form, there is a place to put an X for "send the
check to me" or "send the check to the sender". Ya hafta put the X in the
right place.

oups.com...

Old December 5th 05, 06:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sorry, I don't have any experience trying to get money back from any
kind of PO. Most of the stuff I buy online can't be insured as USPS
does not insure international shipments below a $$$$ value. My woe is
the extraordinary long time it takes just about every shipment of
whatever to get here. Global priority is supposed to take 4-6 days to
get to Spain; more often than not, it takes close to 2 weeks!!!
Ordinary airmail letter post can (and DOES) take up to 3 months!!!!!
That is the time usually quoted for surface shipping (I shudder to
think how long surface shipping will take now - a year???!!!). My local
post office claims to have no back-log. They cannot/will not give me a
satisfactory answer as to the delay. It is increasingly FRUSTRATING. I
had bought some advent calendars for my daughters on Nov 4th. According
to the seller, they were shipped same day, airmail express. It is now
dec 5 and still no advent calendars. They'll likely be here in time for
lent!!!

Just venting!

Claudia

Old December 5th 05, 08:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

goodness! if I order something from the USA it is there within 4 days - even
first class mail or airmail get to me that fast.

admittedly the envelope that got badly damaged and needed repacking took
longer but thanks to the expert packing of the shop the contents arrived
safely if a tad late

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old December 5th 05, 08:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Once in early October, I sent a box of toys to a elementary school in Fiji;
my PO said it would be there by Christmas.

....he didn't specify what year.
Cyndi
it took 6 months to get to Fiji

Old December 5th 05, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Claudia, It is so unbelievable to me that in this "modern" age the
international postal system can't get it right. A small squishie got to
Switzerland in less than a week and the same item sent to England took twice
as long. The US postal system operates better than most in the world, even
with the glitches. JMHO, Linda

I made a lot of money doing this! Nothing to lose! [email protected] Quilting 5 January 26th 05 08:15 PM
New Here but afraid to post Cher Yarn 81 May 10th 04 10:39 AM
crazy US post office Susan Laity Price Quilting 12 December 13th 03 07:19 PM