$1.99 Gedifra Yarn at Big Lots

Old October 14th 05, 03:32 AM
Katherine

Allaya wrote:
gah...I really wish i could send somebody on a yarn run for me! :P

snip

Oh, dear, Allaya! I am so sorry to hear of all the stress in your life. Just
focus on your new baby, and everything will work out.

Hugs and prayers,

Katherine

Old October 14th 05, 04:01 AM
Allaya

Thank you so much for all your kind words. I know it's beyond my
abilities to control what people do and say, but you know how pregnancy
makes you a little...erm...shall we say "unstable" at times? It was
just a lot to take in, but my friends have been so supportive, and I
feel blessed that although I can't choose my family members, I CAN
choose other people I care about.

What's been so great lately is that Lammy has been trying to string
sentences together. Sometimes she'll flee her great aunt and burst into
the room, climb up into my bed and sit and talk to me and tell me what's
happening. It's the cutest thing...and rather alarming sometimes given
the hodgepodge of words she puts together sometimes. (like, "pumpkin,
chicken, Lammy's piggie, pants, too big, go?" ...hmmm, what happened there?)

Anyway, just muddling through. I'll keep you all posted

Allaya
Old October 14th 05, 06:16 AM
Mystified One

Thanks, I just picked up about 18 balls!

"Allaya" wrote in message
: Big Lots has Gedifra novelty yarn and some Sullivans yarn for $1.99
:
: Allaya

Old October 14th 05, 02:33 PM
Laura J

Oh my goodness, Allaya, I'm so sorry about everything you've been going
through. It is wonderful that Lainey is beginning to put together
sentences. Even if they don't make sense, at least they make you laugh!

Please take good care of yourself. I'm sure it must be frustrating being on
bed rest. Though I find it odd that your doctors are insisting you go to 40
weeks - I've heard of many babies being born at 35 or earlier without any
complications at all. But I guess they know best! Hopefully you have a big
stash to keep you busy

Best wishes and big hugs,
LauraJ

Old October 15th 05, 01:24 AM
Allaya

They're just worried about the baby's lungs is all...they want to make
sure that she's made enough surfactant to keep her lungs inflated. They
don't want me to wait until week 40 necessarily, they just want me to
wait until week 37, which for me will be monday. My first one came
around that time. Guess it must sound like too much fun out here! LOL

Allaya

Old October 15th 05, 02:43 AM
Wooly

I'm beginning to think that Big Lots gets a lot of Tuesday Morning
low-end leftovers. TM in my area was offering Gedifra novelties about
6 weeks ago, for about 60% of retail IIRC.

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:47:04 -0500, Allaya spewed
forth :

Big Lots has Gedifra novelty yarn and some Sullivans yarn for $1.99

Allaya

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old October 15th 05, 03:14 AM
Els van Dam

In article 8ZG3f.73330$lq6.14770@fed1read01, Allaya wrote:

[...]

Allaya, those are great time to share with your little one.

I just read a great article about a group of mothers who taught their
babies to sign, long before they start to talk, apparently, babies look
at your face and hand movements while they are very slowly learning to
talk and listen. The mothers were telling the reporter that it was
amazing how much signing a baby and young child could do and understand,
while the spoken language was not being used at all yet.

It would be interesting to see how much you two could communicate that
way. Can't think so quickly of the name of the deaf mute movie
star...(she has cameos on West Wing). She was mentioned in this article
as well and all her childeren sign as well as talk. I was wondering how
it would be to have an argument with kids while you are signing. Nicely
low keyed most likely.

When Otto and I still sailed, we did indeed use sign language. Most men
aboard a sail boat, go into a scream at the top of your voice at your wife
mode, as soon as they step a board anything that floats. I found that so
embarrassing, that we developed signs for simple procedures, as casting
off and starting and stopping the engine etc. Worked well, no wasted
words were used and above all no yelling.....

Els
Old October 15th 05, 04:09 AM
Els van Dam

In article 6%X3f.77369$lq6.46997@fed1read01, Allaya wrote:

They're just worried about the baby's lungs is all...they want to make
sure that she's made enough surfactant to keep her lungs inflated. They
don't want me to wait until week 40 necessarily, they just want me to
wait until week 37, which for me will be monday. My first one came
around that time. Guess it must sound like too much fun out here! LOL

Allaya

Allaya, Monday is nearly here. Great that they are so carefull and make
sure things are fine with the baby. We will all be thinking of you on
Monday

Els
Old October 15th 05, 05:10 AM
Mystified One

It's been years since I was in a TM, but all I saw was housewares, no
crafts. Probably why I didn't go back.

"Wooly" wrote in message
news : I'm beginning to think that Big Lots gets a lot of Tuesday Morning
: low-end leftovers. TM in my area was offering Gedifra novelties about
: 6 weeks ago, for about 60% of retail IIRC.
:
: On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:47:04 -0500, Allaya spewed
: forth :
:
: Big Lots has Gedifra novelty yarn and some Sullivans yarn for $1.99
:
: Allaya
:
:
: +++++++++++++
:

Old October 15th 05, 06:42 AM
Carol in TN

Default $1.99 Gedifra Yarn at Big Lots

wrote:

[...]

One of my grandsons is very slow at developing speech. He is still in
speech therapy. One of the first things they did was teach him (and my DD)
some simple signing so that he would not be frustrated and scream. Seems to
work very well for him even now that his speech is clearer.
Carol in TN