Mini Round Robin Time!!!!!!

Old January 28th 04, 12:56 AM
Keith and Michelle Pope

Default Mini Round Robin Time!!!!!!

Ok, I want to give this a try. Are the center blocks to be decided by us, or
by the group? What about colours? You have my info from the other swap,
right?
I'm in !
Michelle in Gander

"MelissaInNJ" wrote in message

It is ***FINALLY*** time for the LONG AWAITED Mini Round Robin!!!!
Yahooooo!!!

Old January 28th 04, 01:21 AM
Melissa in NJ

Michelle wrote:
"Ok, I want to give this a try. Are the center blocks to be decided by us,
or
by the group? What about colours? "

You're signed up!

As for colors and decisions, all by you! You pick the colors, the theme, the
technique, whatever for the center square. The challenge for the rest of us
is to add our borders using our techniques and fabrics and ideas, but have
them meld with what is already there. I find it isn't too tough when you are
the 1st or 2nd border in, but when you are the last person to add a
border...talk about stretching the design skills!! That's why RR's are so
fun but also such a learning experience.

What ppl often do, if they have a certain color or theme in mind is send
along some fabric with the center to be sent along to each of the
participants. It shouldn't be your entire stash, because that would drive
mailing costs up. But for example in my asymmetrical round robin, I send
along my background fabric and some scrap pieces of my colored fabric. I
asked the ladies to please keep it primary colored. They could use my fabric
or add their own. A picture of the totally awesome result is in my webshots
gallery below.

Also, send along a little notebook or a letter. That way each person can add
a note about themselves and their contribution to the mini.

Fun stuff!
Melissa in NJ

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old January 28th 04, 05:16 AM
Melissa in NJ

Send me your info and you're in! All details are in the original post.

Melissa in NJ

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),
and Salem (aka "Salem the Yak")

Pics of My Quilts:
http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltngryhndlady

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply
--

"Ethne Slusser" wrote in message
Please include me

Ethne in PA

OT - Story: Time Flies Kathy N-V Beads 2 January 18th 05 05:25 PM
Panic Attack Time starlia Beads 76 March 14th 04 02:39 AM
January Swaps and Mini Round Robin MelissaInNJ Quilting 5 November 16th 03 10:53 AM
Round Robin, Row Robin other idea? CHARLES MURPHY Quilting 8 November 11th 03 02:06 AM
A Virtual Round Robin Diana Curtis Quilting 3 November 8th 03 02:35 PM