OT Gonna be gone for a bit

Old June 25th 11, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT Gonna be gone for a bit

Well, my mum has moved from death's sidewalk to death's doorway.
According to the hospice nurse she could go at any time.

My dad is freaking out, my siblings think that his denial constitutes
dementia, my flight out has been rescheduled for Sunday, and my newly
renewed permanent copy photo ID is not here yet. Nobody has contacted my
mom's siblings on her biological father's side, nobody has contacted
anybody in my dad's family, and my dad is furious at his pastor because
my mom gave the pastor her medical proxy and the pastor is following my
mom's wishes instead of my dad's. Mom must have known that dad would
turn heaven into hell to keep her alive.
Just to add seasoning to the mix, the uterine gnomes are sacrificing
goats. I am bleeding enough that I am getting faint frequently.

I will be spending much of tomorrow on the phone, then flying out at 6 in
the morning on Sunday, provided I make it through security.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old June 25th 11, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

When it rains it pours. I'm so, so sorry to learn about your
mother's illness- what a sad situation to have to face with of your
own medical problems, ID hassles, family dynamics and a long flight.
Take good care of you- you'll need your strength in all areas.

Leslie

Old June 25th 11, 08:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

So sorry to hear of this mountain of problems and, potentially, sadness.
I hope that at least the official things get sorted for you to get
there.
..
In message , NightMist
writes

[...]

Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old June 25th 11, 08:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

You sound to be in totally controlled cope mode. This is nature's way
of helping you through this soon-to- be- horrible time. I hope things
aren't too complicated when it comes down to the wire. And in all
this, please take time to consider you own needs and feelings; and
spend time carefully letting it all out afterwards.

We all take on so much responsibility, and we are darned good at
getting things done and sorted. Then, when it is all over, there is a
crash. Take care of yourself, and don't let anyone 'guilt' you into
feeling bad about that. You matter too.

Take care, and I hope that things go as smoothly and gently in this
sad time, as they are able.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old June 25th 11, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

There is definitely a lot on your plate this weekend! I know you will
be logical, and bring a sense of order to the situation.
Take care of your yourself too, monitor your strength [physically and
emotionally].

Sending prayers skyward for peace of heart, patience, and strength for
you,
Ginger in CA
[we're here for you]

Old June 25th 11, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Let's find a way to get you in that airplane. Ask TSA what alternate forms
of id they will accept. We managed to get my sister home when her purse was
stolen by using her voter registration card. There's probably somethings
that will do the deed. Your birth certificate, marriage license, the
application for the photo id? Something. Perhaps a printed copy of an
email or fax from the hospice could be additionally helpful.
Take care of you. God bless. Polly

Old June 25th 11, 02:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy from GA but wants to be in MO

On Jun 25, 12:12*am, NightMist wrote:
[...]

(((((((Nighmist))))))))) Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Cindy from GA
Old June 25th 11, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

Peace and comfort to all of you in the days ahead. And good for your
mom to make such a wise decision as to ehr medical proxy.

Safe travels!

Mary

Old June 25th 11, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

My prayers are with you and your family!
Barbara in SC

Old June 25th 11, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

(((Hugs))) If I had to pick my top 5 organized people, you'd be on the
list. Hope you can delegate some of this (like contacting relatives)
so you can focus on your mom. Nothing else is that important.
Safe travels!
Roberta in D

Whadum I gonna use? Val Quilting 15 January 24th 08 02:32 PM
reamer and DTH hammer, drill tube, drill rod, drill bit, rock bit, Bin Glass 0 August 28th 06 04:36 AM
I am gonna vent some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~KK in BC~ Quilting 15 November 6th 05 06:19 PM
Gonna be a grandpig..... Listpig Quilting 21 December 3rd 04 02:44 AM
Gonna have S.E.X. Karlee in Kansas Quilting 2 February 11th 04 02:42 PM