OT Simple Request

Old June 20th 11, 01:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default OT Simple Request

Last night my father was taken to the hospital by my one older sister
who lives near him. After many emails from her as she kept everyone
posted with news, the diagnosis at this time is cellulitis in his left
leg and heart failure. He is admitted into the place now, for a few
days minimum. Heck of a way to spend a Father's Day, huh?

His children have reacted true to form. Anyone from a multi-child
family can fill in the blanks, as each reacts in the same relative
manner they have all their lives. I am very grateful my sister is
there; I am the next closest child, and that is a good 7 hour drive.

On call from her I will be on my way, but will stay out of the way if
she wants me to.

So, if you have a minute, say a simple prayer for him.

thanks in advance,
Ginger in CA
going in to work on little sleep

Old June 20th 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

That's no way to spend Father's Day for sure. Prayers going out for
him and his health issues. If you 'get the call' that you are needed
please be extra careful and drive safely.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old June 20th 11, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Ginger in CA" wrote in message
Last night my father was taken to the hospital by my one older sister
who lives near him. After many emails from her as she kept everyone
posted with news, the diagnosis at this time is cellulitis in his left
leg and heart failure. He is admitted into the place now, for a few
days minimum. Heck of a way to spend a Father's Day, huh?

His children have reacted true to form. Anyone from a multi-child
family can fill in the blanks, as each reacts in the same relative
manner they have all their lives. I am very grateful my sister is
there; I am the next closest child, and that is a good 7 hour drive.

On call from her I will be on my way, but will stay out of the way if
she wants me to.

So, if you have a minute, say a simple prayer for him.

thanks in advance,
Ginger in CA
going in to work on little sleep

Prayers going out for your father and for his caregivers.
Barbara in SC

Old June 20th 11, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy from GA but wants to be in MO

On Jun 20, 8:37*am, Ginger in CA wrote:
Last night my father was taken to the hospital by my one older sister
who lives near him. After many emails from her as she kept everyone
posted with news, the diagnosis at this time is cellulitis in his left
leg and heart failure. He is admitted into the place now, for a few
days minimum. Heck of a way to spend a Father's Day, huh?

His children have reacted true to form. Anyone from a multi-child
family can fill in the blanks, as each reacts in the same relative
manner they have all their lives. I am very grateful my sister is
there; I am the next closest child, and that is a good 7 hour drive.

On call from her I will be on my way, but will stay out of the way if
she wants me to.

So, if you have a minute, say a simple prayer for him.

thanks in advance,
Ginger in CA
going in to work on little sleep

Good thoughts and prayers are on the way Ginger.

Cindy from GA
Old June 20th 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Tucker

Will do, Ginger. {{{hugs}}}

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old June 20th 11, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

My mother had cellulitis and recovered OK, after lots of intravenous
antibiotics in hospital. My DMIL has been living with heart failure for
several years now.
So, here's hoping your father has similar results.
..
In message
,
Ginger in CA writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green

Old June 20th 11, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 20/06/2011 13:37, Ginger in CA wrote:
Last night my father was taken to the hospital by my one older sister
who lives near him. After many emails from her as she kept everyone
posted with news, the diagnosis at this time is cellulitis in his left
leg and heart failure. He is admitted into the place now, for a few
days minimum. Heck of a way to spend a Father's Day, huh?

His children have reacted true to form. Anyone from a multi-child
family can fill in the blanks, as each reacts in the same relative
manner they have all their lives. I am very grateful my sister is
there; I am the next closest child, and that is a good 7 hour drive.

On call from her I will be on my way, but will stay out of the way if
she wants me to.

So, if you have a minute, say a simple prayer for him.

thanks in advance,
Ginger in CA
going in to work on little sleep

Horrible, things, cellulitis. Mum had it a couple of times. Prayers on
the way, for him, your sis, and you.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old June 20th 11, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Prayers duly said.

My Mum is battling leg cellulitis too, at the moment. They still have
her at home, though, and I take her in for dressings and meds changes
every couple of days. We are awaiting cultures at the moment, because
it is not getting any better, after several weeks, so we are in for
dopler test on Wednesday. I wish they would take her into hospital,
but they keep them out in case they catch something worse.

Her inactivity is worrying me now, too.

So you have my sympathy and much empathy for the carer's role.

Nel
(GQ)
Old June 21st 11, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

I had cellulitis last August +, and have never felt so ill in my life.
My foot/ankle/ leg was excruciatingly painful, especially when pointed
towards the ground, and I could only just get as far as the bathroom -
all of 3 yards. My lower body muscles didn't work - I couldn't get
upright without help, and ill? ...have I mentioned I felt terrible? It
was a month before I could shuffle along unaided and much longer before
I felt completely better.. Giant doses of antibiotics and painkillers
worked though, and after a couple of months I began to get my strength back.

So don't be too concerned about inactivity, your mother is using all her
strength to fight the infection.

On a lighter note, DH was called upon to cook and clean - a new
experience as far as the cleaning went, though he can cook. After 2
weeks he said the worktops could do with a wipe down and what should he
use. Was I glad I couldn't get as far as the kitchen!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside