Dutch translator please?

Old December 4th 05, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Dutch translator please?

I received this in my in-box...woulda trashed it as junkmail, but realized
at the last moment it actually has something to do with me and "quilten"!
Babelfish was even more confusing! Anyone able to translate for me? Thanks!

--
hallo kim in mijn eigen taal wil ik je iets vertellen en vragen
vertellen:wij zijn met een groep zusters in bosnie geweest hebben daar de

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham

Old December 4th 05, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

replied privately

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old December 4th 05, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nooooo!! you cant DO that to us. Pllllease, just a hint??
Di

replied privately

Old December 4th 05, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

This from Jessamy...bless her! She's translating my reply for me, too.
Sometimes I love the internet! The reference to Bosnia perhaps comes because
a few of the quilts in the "Bible Blocks" gallery on my site were sent to a
Bosnian refuge camp a number of years ago. Alas, while my quilts live in
Bosnia, I've never had a chance to go visit them.

---
Hello Kim I want to tell you something in my own language and ask a
question.
telling: We went to Bosnia with a group of sisters and taught the ladies how
to quilt and told them about Jesus. We saw and heard a lot and were
impressed with Gods work and how he used, amongst other things, quilting to
spread his word. and from a distance you experience people coming into
belief. it's wonderful that we know that god is good. Have you ever been to
Bosnia? and the quilts have you ever taken any? would you like to tell me
more about it? warm greeting from Friesland (a part of The Netherlands)
Lenie

--
Kim Graham
http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK

"D Curtis" wrote in message
.. .
Nooooo!! you cant DO that to us. Pllllease, just a hint??
Di

Jessamy wrote:
replied privately

Old December 4th 05, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you. I was soo curious, then I read the original version again,
and remembered the Bible quilt blocks you share and sort of got the gist
of it. I apologize for being so nosy.
I have to imagine that getting such a letter is kind of a fun experience.
Diana

Old December 4th 05, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It's always exciting to hear from someone on the other side of the world who
has been involved with the Bible Blocks....what an amazing world we have
come to inhabit. I'm old enough to remember when a trans-atlantic telephone
call took a long time to set up and cost the earth!

Old December 4th 05, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you both! Diana for being so nosy and Kim for being so gracious to
share on the group!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (A curious chick who
just likes to know)

Old December 4th 05, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

NO FAIR.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old December 5th 05, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 17:31:16 GMT, "KI Graham"
wrote:

I received this in my in-box...woulda trashed it as junkmail, but realized
at the last moment it actually has something to do with me and "quilten"!
Babelfish was even more confusing! Anyone able to translate for me? Thanks!

--
hallo kim in mijn eigen taal wil ik je iets vertellen en vragen
vertellen:wij zijn met een groep zusters in bosnie geweest hebben daar de
dames quilten geleerd en over jezus verteld we hebben veel gezien gehoord
en waren onder de indruk van gods werk hoe hij o.a. het quilten gebruikt om
over hem te vertellen en van een afstand maak je dan mee dat er mensen
hierdoor tot geloof komen geweldig dan mogen we weten dat god goed is
ben jij ook in bosnie geweest? en de quilts heb je die daar gebracht of ?
wil je mij daar iets meer over vertellen? hartelijke groeten vanuit
friesland (deel van nederland) lenie

I've had a bad head cold for 2 weeks, and had several people ask me
if I am Dutch today. Hmm. So normally I'm "Canadian", but when I
have a cold I'm Dutch. Though one day I had 4 people ask me if I'm
German. (??)
Sadly, I still can't speak Dutch, even when I have a cold...

-- Jo in Scotland
Old December 5th 05, 05:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That's too funny!

Cheers
Bronwyn

[Ad] Dutch Beaded Flowers Book on ebay [email protected] Beads 0 November 6th 05 02:50 AM
Need Dutch spiral pattern roxan Beads 9 February 27th 05 07:46 PM
dutch spiral? AND my FIRST beaded ornament Beadbimbo Beads 21 October 27th 04 07:01 PM
Bowline Knot Re-threaded Brian Grimley Knots 8 March 21st 04 03:21 PM
OT Dutch speculaas etc. Els van Dam Yarn 14 December 12th 03 03:16 AM