Clips versus sleeve

Old June 10th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Default Clips versus sleeve

I'm debating about how to hang my recently completed wallhanging. In the
past I've always put a sleeve on the back to hang it. However, I've been
checking out the hanger clips sold by Keepsake Quilting and others. Has
anyone had any experiencing with the clips? If so, what did you think?

Thanks!
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

Old June 10th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

There are a lot of pretty curtain rods that come with (or have available)
pretty clips to match. I'm *almost* willing to bet some batiks that you
could find an expandable set-up using those curtain rods that would be more
versatile and less expensive than something that is specifically marketed
for quilters??? It might be something to think about and compare the
versatility and price.

Leslie & The FOUR Furbabies in MO.- enjoying every moment with our new Teddy
boy!

Old June 10th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that Leslie. Great idea! I'm going to have to
check this out. :-)

Old June 10th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I have some of the Hang-ups is that is what you are referring to. WIth
a wallhanging I actually can just hang them with push pins and they
work. I bought mine years ago when they were less cost but I would
still probably buy them again.
They are really good for seasonal stuff imo.
Taria

Old June 10th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Hi Taria,

That's what I was thinking...if I had some "hang ups" then I could swap the
wallhanging out for another as the mood hits. This one is rather large,
probably @ 4.5 feet square, so I don't think the push pins would work. I'm
glad to know you like the hang-ups.
--

newsol3k.4637$kW2.898@trnddc01...

Old June 10th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I originally bought mine for an octagon shaped wall hanging and they
were great on that. You don't have to sew a sleeve on your quilts
either so that is a plus for me too!
Taria

Old June 10th 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

I know what you mean. It's great to feel "done", then realize you've still
got to sew the sleeve on.

Old June 12th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens[_2_]

I use a brass cafe style curtain rod in my hall. I bought the "pinch-
style" rings, and clip these to the binding of the quilt. This way I can
change the wall hangings with the seasons or whims. It doesn't bother me
that the rod is often wider than the quilt, and it allows me to use lots of
rings to support the quilt well.

--
Susan
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

Old June 12th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Thanks Susan! I LOVE this idea. :-) I'm glad to hear it works so well.
Next week, I'm off in search of a curtain rod.
--

Michelle C wrote:
I'm debating about how to hang my recently completed wallhanging. In

the
past I've always put a sleeve on the back to hang it. However, I've

been
checking out the hanger clips sold by Keepsake Quilting and others.

Has
anyone had any experiencing with the clips? If so, what did you
think?

Thanks!

Garter Bar Sponge & Clips? SueJohnston Machine Knit 2 August 28th 04 01:39 AM
Alligator clips biig Beads 9 August 16th 04 12:15 PM
what are those clips called for WH Kathy in CA Quilting 3 October 2nd 03 12:20 AM
Maple leaf versus oak leaf versus elm, others? QuiltShopHopper Quilting 11 September 21st 03 04:18 PM
Bicycle clips Sarah Curry Quilting 0 July 13th 03 04:29 PM