OT help with cholesterol

Old June 21st 05, 03:03 PM
CNYstitcher

Which is also excellent advice Pat....getting the thyroid checked, that
is. My mother has thyroid issues, my father has high cholesterol, and
they found out that I have a nodule on my throid - but fortunately, it's
a functioning nodule, not a non-working growth. So, I guess, in some
sense, I'm actually taking care of myself since my cholesterol is
actually at a good level. Just remember to take care of yourself and
ASK LOT OF QUESTIONS!!!!

Larisa

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Joanna:
Yes, try to relax. My doctor told me not to stress about cholesterol,
just continue to exercise, eat properly, and get the numbers checked.
She reminded me that all the numbers must be considered. She also told
me she has had vegan patients who run marathons have really high
cholesterol numbers.

FWIW, some times doctors have the patient's thyroid level checked before
starting any medication for cholesterol.

Good Luck.

PAT in VA/USA

Joanna wrote:

Thanx to all who have replied. As usual your wealth of knowledge was
wonderful. I will be putting some of those suggestions to use and we
will see in three months if it improves.

When I wrote the message I was still in a little tither. Well now I've
had time to think and it maybe genetic. One person an uncle passed
away in his mid 30's from a heart attack. No warning, no nothing,
never sick a day in his life. So now I don't feel so bad knowing that
some of it could be genetic.
Thanx again
Joanna

Old June 21st 05, 06:15 PM
Bonnie NJ

I have a spread sheet for my routine blood work - that way I can spot any
changes. I have tests done every 3 months. My doctors are always happy to
give me a copy of my latest tests. --
Bonnie
NJ

Old June 22nd 05, 08:40 PM
Pat in Virginia

Excellent suggestion Bonnie. I will do same.
Site for info on cholesterol and other health concerns:
http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/nutrition...8/348-898.html
PAT in VA/USA