OT sad news

Old June 16th 05, 11:17 PM
MAmadurk

I'm so sorry.
MAmadurk

--
I don't consider myself a book collector. I just have books,
the way one has air to breathe. -N. Hilyard

I cannot live without books. -Thomas Jefferson

"M Rimmer" wrote in message
My mum (Sheila) died last night just after 2am. She was at home, I was
with her, along with dad, my sisters, and mum's brother and sisters.
She'd had cancer for 7 years, so we knew it was coming but it didn't
half go fast in the last few days.

She taught me (without ever saying it in so many words) that everything
made had been made by someone, and I could make things too if I just had
the right materials, tools, and know-how, and she taught me that
materials, tools, and know-how are all get-able. I'll always remember
being lulled to sleep by the sound of her old Singer treadle machine she
used to make clothes and soft furnishings. She could be an interfering
old ratbag of the first water, but she was the only interfering old
ratbag I had. When she knew the end was near she was very gracious and
initiated a reconciliation between us, for which I had long yearned but
been unable to begin. I think, above all, I am grateful for that.
--
M Rimmer

Old June 16th 05, 11:32 PM
Debi Matlack

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel
but know that you and your family are all in my prayers.
--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Old June 16th 05, 11:33 PM
Bronnie

Love and hugs to you Mel in your sad loss. Remember the good times as
I am sure you will. Condolences to all your family.
Love
Bronnie

Old June 16th 05, 11:53 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:53:45 +0100, M Rimmer
wrote:

[...]

Oh, Mel. At least you got to make peace at the end. (My dad and I
were in the middle of an argument when he died...) (((((Hugs)))))
Hang on to the good memories...

-- Jo in Scotland
Old June 17th 05, 12:26 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
M Rimmer wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mel. You are fortunate, indeed, that your
attitude towards her is what it is and that you were able to reconcile
at last. Please accept my sympathies.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 17th 05, 01:10 AM
AliceW

Oh, Mel, what a lovely sentiment about your mum. I feel your pain and send
all my prayers and healing wishes to you and your family. It was wonderful
that when her time came, she was surrounded by those who loved her. I
recently mended fences with my mom as well when she became ill and I was the
only caretaker she had. I always called her a "feisty old broad" but I
may adopt your "interfering old ratbag of the first water" label. That's
priceless and it sounds like you called her that in a very loving way. Hold
onto those wonderful memories of her and the sounds of your childhood - your
mum will never be far from you when you hold her deep in your memories. God
bless!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

:
: She taught me (without ever saying it in so many words) that everything
: made had been made by someone, and I could make things too if I just had
: the right materials, tools, and know-how, and she taught me that
: materials, tools, and know-how are all get-able. I'll always remember
: being lulled to sleep by the sound of her old Singer treadle machine she
: used to make clothes and soft furnishings. She could be an interfering
: old ratbag of the first water, but she was the only interfering old
: ratbag I had. When she knew the end was near she was very gracious and
: initiated a reconciliation between us, for which I had long yearned but
: been unable to begin. I think, above all, I am grateful for that.
: --
: M Rimmer
:

Old June 17th 05, 01:56 AM
Mary in Washington

Condolences to you and your family.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa

Old June 17th 05, 02:05 AM
Carolyn McCarty

So sorry, prayers and good thoughts on the way to you and your family from
Tucson. How lucky you are that you were able to make a reconciliation!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green