OT sad news

Old June 16th 05, 09:47 PM
Sewingsue

{{{{{{{{{Mel}}}}}}}}}

Glad you were all together at the end.
After twenty years I still 'miss' being told what to do :-) {there being two
sides to everything Mum's and the wrong one}

--
Sewingsue in Scotland
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cra...olar/my_photos

"M Rimmer" wrote in message
My mum (Sheila) died last night just after 2am. She was at home, I was
with her, along with dad, my sisters, and mum's brother and sisters.
She'd had cancer for 7 years, so we knew it was coming but it didn't
half go fast in the last few days.

She taught me (without ever saying it in so many words) that everything
made had been made by someone, and I could make things too if I just had
the right materials, tools, and know-how, and she taught me that
materials, tools, and know-how are all get-able. I'll always remember
being lulled to sleep by the sound of her old Singer treadle machine she
used to make clothes and soft furnishings. She could be an interfering
old ratbag of the first water, but she was the only interfering old
ratbag I had. When she knew the end was near she was very gracious and
initiated a reconciliation between us, for which I had long yearned but
been unable to begin. I think, above all, I am grateful for that.
--
M Rimmer

Old June 16th 05, 10:02 PM
frood

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mel.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old June 16th 05, 10:03 PM
Patti

My sympathies, Mel.
It's always sad, even when expected; but how wonderful that you were
able to be at peace together before she died. That was a lasting gift.
..
In message , M Rimmer
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 16th 05, 10:06 PM
Lisa Caryl

Oh Mel,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I glad that you were able to reconcile with her.
((((((hugs)))))))
Lisa

Old June 16th 05, 10:08 PM
Anne in CA

Condolences and hugs Mel.
--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Old June 16th 05, 10:12 PM
Tia Mary

M Rimmer wrote:
My mum (Sheila) died last night just after 2am. She was at home, I was
with her, along with dad, my sisters, and mum's brother and sisters.
She'd had cancer for 7 years, so we knew it was coming but it didn't
half go fast in the last few days. ............

{{{{Mel}}} Once your sadness & sense of loss has been dealt with,
you will be eternally grateful that you could be with your Mum at the
end. I was with my Mom when she passed and have *always* been glad I
could give her that last parting gift of my companionship. I will
always be upset about the fact that my DSis had to cross the Rainbow
Bridge all alone. THAT makes me upset whenever I think of it. More
healing hugs being sent your way. CiaoMeow ^;;^
PAX, Tia Mary

Old June 16th 05, 10:40 PM
Estelle Gallagher

Mel. Please accept my sincere sympathy,I understand what you and your family
are going through!It is a difficult time. Estelle Cornwall

Old June 16th 05, 10:55 PM
jeanbaby

Sorry about your Mum. Wrap yourself in the wonderful teachings and memories
of fun times you had with her. They will get you through the sad times.
Love and Hugs, Jeanbaby

Old June 16th 05, 11:00 PM
Queen of Squishies

Hugs and hugs, my dear Mel. I know from experience what a gaping hole this
leaves. It will slowly fill with warm memories, and it will always contain
love.

Karen, Queen of Squishies