OT sad news

Old June 16th 05, 08:53 PM
M Rimmer

Default OT sad news

My mum (Sheila) died last night just after 2am. She was at home, I was
with her, along with dad, my sisters, and mum's brother and sisters.
She'd had cancer for 7 years, so we knew it was coming but it didn't
half go fast in the last few days.

She taught me (without ever saying it in so many words) that everything
made had been made by someone, and I could make things too if I just had
the right materials, tools, and know-how, and she taught me that
materials, tools, and know-how are all get-able. I'll always remember
being lulled to sleep by the sound of her old Singer treadle machine she
used to make clothes and soft furnishings. She could be an interfering
old ratbag of the first water, but she was the only interfering old
ratbag I had. When she knew the end was near she was very gracious and
initiated a reconciliation between us, for which I had long yearned but
been unable to begin. I think, above all, I am grateful for that.
--
M Rimmer

Old June 16th 05, 08:58 PM
maryd

So sorry, Mel. I am glad that her final gift to you was reconciliation.

--
Mary
:
: She taught me (without ever saying it in so many words) that everything
: made had been made by someone, and I could make things too if I just had
: the right materials, tools, and know-how, and she taught me that
: materials, tools, and know-how are all get-able. I'll always remember
: being lulled to sleep by the sound of her old Singer treadle machine she
: used to make clothes and soft furnishings. She could be an interfering
: old ratbag of the first water, but she was the only interfering old
: ratbag I had. When she knew the end was near she was very gracious and
: initiated a reconciliation between us, for which I had long yearned but
: been unable to begin. I think, above all, I am grateful for that.
: --
: M Rimmer
:

Old June 16th 05, 08:58 PM
Diana Curtis

Wrap yourself in your Hug, and hold all our prayers tight.
(((((((((((Mel and family)))))))))))))))))))
Im so glad that you and she were able to mend fences before she had to go.
Love ya
Diana

Old June 16th 05, 08:59 PM
the black rose

{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}

M Rimmer wrote:
[...]

Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human
Relations
2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old June 16th 05, 09:01 PM
Pat in Virginia

Mel,
Warm condolences and hugs,
Pat

Old June 16th 05, 09:16 PM
Flossy

((((((Hugs))))))

Flossy
Queen of Plaids

Old June 16th 05, 09:16 PM
Flossy

((((((Hugs))))))

Flossy
Queen of Plaids

Old June 16th 05, 09:24 PM
Marlys in Indiana

So sorry to hear of your loss but glad things were mended between you
yet so sorry you had to lose her in the process.
Love, hugs, prayers,
Marlys in Indiana

Old June 16th 05, 09:29 PM
Sharon Harper

And for that gracious reconciliation you will remember her always. Rest
peacefully Sheila and know that we will take car of your daughter as best we
can. Mel, I don't hate the words but know that all my thoughts and love are
with you right now.

quicker)

Old June 16th 05, 09:32 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

{{{Mel & family}}}
Don't know what else to say, but I'm glad you were able to be with her
at the end. I think I want that too, when the time comes with mine.

Suzie
xx
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK