Sewing room makeover - my turn

Old June 22nd 05, 04:04 PM
Kim E

Default Sewing room makeover - my turn

DH left this morning for a business trip. The kids leave tomorrow
morning for a choir trip. This means that I have 2 full days ALL TO
MYSELF.

My sewing room is in desperate need of being cleaned out. I'm about to
head to Ikea to get new shelving for my stash. I've already cleaned
out 2 bags of trash and am going through boxes of patterns of SBQ
(Stuff Before Quilting). I moved out a couple of boxes of pictures
that were stuffed under my window. The sewing machine cabinet is
currently closed so I can get to the boxes to sort through them. Looks
like lots of plastic bins are going to be relocated to the basement.

I should have taken pictures before I started (it was really getting
terrible). The sewing machine cabinet was up against the wall under
the pegboard, but I am turning it to face out. DS and I moved the
pegboard to the left to allow for room for the new shelving.

I used to to all kinds of other sewing - DD's entire wardrobe (except
the hand-me-downs), many of DS's clothes, clothes for me, shirts for
DH, a friend and I went to craft fairs to sell our clothes for 18 inch
dolls, smocking, embroidery, etc. All the leftover bins of this stuff
is either in my basement or my sewing room. I'll have to decide what
to do with it, but another time

I'm off to Ikea - I need DS's help to get the shelving upstairs, so it
has to be purchased today before he leaves on his trip.

Wednesday morning's pictures -
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kimene...=/b081&.view=t

Kim

Old June 22nd 05, 04:12 PM
Taria

You need to call DH and suggest he stay longer. Is 2 days enough?
You really have your work cut out for you. I think you better keep a
cell phone on you so you can call for help if you can't find your way out!
Keep us updated. This looks like a fun challenge.
Taria

Old June 22nd 05, 04:26 PM
Jessamy

I am an excellent sorter... just box it up and send it to me and I will take
care of the mess for you!

--
Jessamy ah the sacrifices I make for my fellow quilters...
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad

Old June 22nd 05, 08:20 PM
nana2b

Hi Kim, No matter how organized my SR is, it will be a bear to move. I
think it will be the last place to be packed, so I can still quilt for
stress relief. LOL. We are getting a IKEA store in Frisco in August. I
can't wait. It will open just in time for meto ignore it until we move
into the new house in October. I am sure the crowds will be horrendous as
shopping is an Olympic Sport in the Dallas area. Please let me what you
find that works for you.

Hugs, Linda

Old June 22nd 05, 08:24 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Kim E" wrote:

Wednesday morning's pictures -
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kimene...=/b081&.view=t

Wow! You have your work cut out for you -- but what a fun job to do!
I wish my sewing room were as large as yours looks -- no room to
rearrange things here. But I'll live -- it's lots better than no sewing
room at all. G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 23rd 05, 02:23 AM
MAmadurk

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article .com,
- it's lots better than no sewing
room at all. G
--

AIN'T that the TRUTH!!!!!!
MAmadurk,

I cannot live without books. -Thomas Jefferson

Old June 23rd 05, 11:25 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

I would feel right at home in your sewing room. I get nervous when it's all
clean and tidy.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old June 23rd 05, 03:20 PM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I'm finally unpacking my "quilting stuff" after being boxed for my move
into this house(over a year ago). I'm having a blast rediscovering all
my "old friends" as I empty each box. May you have as much fun
organizing your goodies!

Leslie and The Furbabies in MO.

Sewing Machine FAQ Diana Curtis Quilting 2 January 24th 05 06:57 PM
AD-clearing books from sewing room [email protected] General Crafting 0 April 9th 04 07:02 PM
My First Sewing Room Nadine Quilting 27 February 6th 04 06:14 PM
Items for your Sewing Room Debi Holley Marketplace 0 December 29th 03 11:26 PM
FAQ's on buying a new Sewing Machine Butterfly Quilting 0 October 17th 03 04:34 PM