OT - School's Out ! ! ! ! ! !

Old June 10th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - School's Out ! ! ! ! ! !

All right, back to getting some sewing and quilting done!!

I spent only two years teaching in a middle school computer lab, then
our two computer lab jobs were done away with. That meant doing the
resume-and-interview thing within the school district! It took about 8
weeks, but I finally landed at a close-to-home high school in the math
department. Must finish a class in Linear Algebra by next May, but I'm
happy.

Much too tired for a Happy Dance. Had to carry all boxes down the
stairs to my car because the elevator didn't work. I knew I had those
muscles, I just thought they disappeared with age. Chocolate does
soothe sore muscles, right?

And I think there are quilters at this school! Maybe we could start a
club of student quilters too!

But right now I think I need a nap. . . . . .and some chocolate.

Kay Ahr in Nevada

Old June 10th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

School's out means less quilting time for me! I'll be helping the kids with
summer sewing projects, but less time spent just for me sewing. Of course,
if I gave upWoW, I'd have more time... but that's fun for all of us!

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
oups.com...

Old June 10th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes, Kay. There is nothing better for sore muscles than chocolate. Results
will vary, you may have to try several types and brands before you discover
the right one(s) for you. It could take weeks but you just stay with it.
Polly

Old June 10th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article .com,
"Kay Ahr" wrote:

[...]

Congratulations on finding the right position, Kay! And yes,
chocolate does sooth sore muscles -- or at least makes them easier to
bear.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old June 10th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kay Ahr wrote:
.. Chocolate does
soothe sore muscles, right?

. . . . . .and some chocolate.

Kay,
Let's not fool around here. When school is out, chocolate is an
indulgence.
When school is IN, it's a necessity that the school board should
supply!
One drawer in every teacher's desk should be crammed with chocolate
instead of chalk!

Hmm I bet I could get elected for something with that platform.

Morag in Detroit

Old June 10th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

A week till I have a college grad here. You will be shocked how
fast summers fly by when you look back Wendy.
Taria

Old June 10th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I had two of my babies "graduate" - one from elementary school to middle
school,and the oldest from middle school to high school! I was telling
someone how fat DS was as a baby. It seems like just yesterday! He was so
fat, he wouldn't fit in his clothes! I had to buy big sizes for him. He's a
skinny tall stick now!

Old June 10th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Poor dear, let me support our wonderful teachers by recommending a bath in
warm milk chocolate. Couldn't imagine anything more therapeutic for body and
soul. With a plate of dark chocolate on the side for nibbling.
Roberta in D

"Kay Ahr" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
[...]

schools for goldsmithing, enamel, engraving? Bernard Arnest Jewelry 4 May 20th 06 07:31 PM
School's out - quilting time Ellison Quilting 14 May 30th 05 02:06 AM
School's Out! Ellison Quilting 28 May 31st 04 01:56 AM
religion in public schools (was harry potter) Dr. Quilter Quilting 1 July 12th 03 08:30 PM