just another joke

Old January 23rd 04, 04:09 PM
Trish Brown

....my dishwasher is called Matthew and he does a pretty respectable job.
Maintenance costs a bit, 'cause he's a man now and has a man's appetite. But
he's gets the dishes 'parkling clean for me and will do a second cycle if I ask
him nicely! ;-
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old January 23rd 04, 07:10 PM
SewStorm

Default just another joke

Sweet lord, can no one scrape a dish in this house before stuffing
it into the dishwasher??!!??)

At least they put dishes IN the dishwasher at your house!

Blessings for small favors, whatever form they may take.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old January 23rd 04, 07:20 PM
Penny S

SewStorm wrote:
Sweet lord, can no one scrape a dish in this house before stuffing
it into the dishwasher??!!??)

At least they put dishes IN the dishwasher at your house!

Blessings for small favors, whatever form they may take.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

I bought a new one with a built in disposal.

Penny S

Old January 23rd 04, 09:19 PM
Pogonip

Penny S wrote:

SewStorm wrote:

Sweet lord, can no one scrape a dish in this house before stuffing
it into the dishwasher??!!??)

At least they put dishes IN the dishwasher at your house!

Blessings for small favors, whatever form they may take.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

I bought a new one with a built in disposal.

Penny S

I just got a new one - it's only 18" wide, but holds a
huge amount and has the built in disposal, too. I know
this is silly, but I feel so good using it. I had a
counter-top little bitty before, but it sprung a leak and
piddled all over the kitchen and I found the 18" portable
is now available, and the rest is history. My kitchen is
state of the art - for 1940 - so this is a real treat.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

Old January 23rd 04, 10:30 PM
Maine-iac Rose

"Pogonip" wrote in message

this is silly, but I feel so good using it. I had a
counter-top little bitty before, but it sprung a leak and
piddled all over the kitchen and I found the 18" portable
is now available, and the rest is history. My kitchen is
state of the art - for 1940 - so this is a real treat.
--

no that isn't silly, what is silly is when I first got my Maytag Neptune
washing machine, I washed all the dirty clothes, then started searching

Old January 23rd 04, 10:46 PM
Kate Dicey

Maine-iac Rose wrote:

"Pogonip" wrote in message

this is silly, but I feel so good using it. I had a
counter-top little bitty before, but it sprung a leak and
piddled all over the kitchen and I found the 18" portable
is now available, and the rest is history. My kitchen is
state of the art - for 1940 - so this is a real treat.
--

no that isn't silly, what is silly is when I first got my Maytag Neptune
washing machine, I washed all the dirty clothes, then started searching
around the home for more stuff to wash, I did the curtains, the rags, all my
bath towels, even though they haven't been used in a while....now that is
silly

No it isn't! You need to test these things properly, you know! When I
got my first dishwasher, I spent several days hunting through the
cupboards and washing anything that was dishwasher proof, even if I
never used it normally! Well, they were dusty from being in the back of
the cupboards...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 24th 04, 01:10 AM
Maine-iac Rose

Trish is the lucky one, if only my hubby would help me with the housework, I
would be in heaven, but alas, he is but a normal man, boo hoo for me, just
wish that I knew what I was getting into 27 years ago...Maine-iac Rose

Old January 24th 04, 09:19 PM
Kate Dicey

Maine-iac Rose wrote:

Trish is the lucky one, if only my hubby would help me with the housework, I
would be in heaven, but alas, he is but a normal man, boo hoo for me, just
wish that I knew what I was getting into 27 years ago...Maine-iac Rose

Mine seems a paragon of virtues on the domestic front! Washes the
glasses and other none-dishwasherable stuff, empties the bins, does the
ironing, and will even hoover if I ask him!

I've let him off the leash for the weekend, and he's gone walking in the
Scottish borders.
Old January 24th 04, 10:03 PM
Pogonip

Kate Dicey wrote:

Maine-iac Rose wrote:

Trish is the lucky one, if only my hubby would help me with the housework, I
would be in heaven, but alas, he is but a normal man, boo hoo for me, just
wish that I knew what I was getting into 27 years ago...Maine-iac Rose

Mine seems a paragon of virtues on the domestic front! Washes the
glasses and other none-dishwasherable stuff, empties the bins, does the
ironing, and will even hoover if I ask him!

I've let him off the leash for the weekend, and he's gone walking in the
Scottish borders.

Alan is a prince among men. Kate either selected him for
his outstanding characteristics, or has trained him really
well. I'm betting on the first.

My own husband was not so good for many years, spoiled by
mother and sisters and other women, but he has matured
nicely and takes equal responsibility for everything. He
doesn't "help" me with the house - it's his house, too. I
have hopes for my sons, who both have a more up-dated view
of domestic life. They're both single, too, so have no
one but themselves to depend on.