Leftover Fan Squares=Kitchen Upgrade

Old August 18th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Default Leftover Fan Squares=Kitchen Upgrade

I had one of those, too! Luckily, my first husband wanted the beast when we
split. I "reluctantly" gave in, but insisted he let me have Aunt
Mergatroide's rocking chair instead. Much better, it was a lovely and comfy
wooden rocker.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Great-Aunt Mergatroide gave us a brass lamp that is too tough to break and
too heavy to steal. Any suggestions? Polly

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
We used to move every couple years. Amazing how those 'uglies' were the
ones that broke in the moving process! Now that we are 'staying put' I've
developed fumble fingers.
PAT

Val wrote:
"NightMist" wrote in message

It is also a most wonderous way to get rid of the horrible ugly towels
that Great-Aunt Mergatroide gave you.

Just what is it with Ol' Great-Aunt Mergatroide?? The one advantage to
living in earthquake country is that all the butt ugly vases, lamps and
dust catching "what were you thinking" knick knacks she gives are the
ones tragically "broken" during the rumblers. tsk,tsk,tsk

Val

Old August 18th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Those are great, John! Anytime you make hot pads of leftover quilt squares,
keep me in mind.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo, shamelessly begging even though that is Pat's job

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had four too many squares left over from the Fan Quilt so here is
what I spent the morning doing. The blue one shows the back pocket and
is a companion to the single one shown.
It was speed sewing at it's best. Great fun and my wife loved them.
She put away the other pads that we had been using and hung these up
on the stove righ away without a monemts hesitation.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635mfeCbm

Enjoy,

John

Old August 19th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks John.
I really would hate to think of you having a second's unoccupied time!
They really do look nice.
..
In message .com, John
writes
I had four too many squares left over from the Fan Quilt so here is
what I spent the morning doing. The blue one shows the back pocket and
is a companion to the single one shown.
It was speed sewing at it's best. Great fun and my wife loved them.
She put away the other pads that we had been using and hung these up
on the stove righ away without a monemts hesitation.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635mfeCbm

Enjoy,

John

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 19th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Aug 19, 7:24 am, Patti wrote:
Thanks John.
I really would hate to think of you having a second's unoccupied time!
They really do look nice.
.

Best Regards
pat on the hill

That's right, Idle hands make for the devils work. You don't want
retired husbands disrupting the flow of the house for wives. ;)

John

Bernina news -- BSR upgrade the black rose Quilting 0 July 9th 05 05:23 PM
UPGRADE kteedidit Machine Knit 0 November 30th 03 01:43 PM
upgrade PE-Design?? Joanne1 Sewing 1 August 25th 03 08:09 PM