New to your group

Old March 15th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Default OT: Unusual statue - Was New to your group

Bricore wrote:

Lawerence (I maybe spelling the name wrong..lol..Sorry if so.) he is
the one right off of 75 South with all the big really nice horse barns
(the tops of one of the roof's used to say horses for sale.) He also
is the one who is head of the big Church with Jesus outside of it with
his hands going up toward the sky. It's a REALLY big one too.

Here's a link to a pic of the statue

http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/...5-09Jesus.html

It is certainly an eye catcher. Any other opinion I may express would
be guaranteed to offend someone so I will refrain...

BB
Old March 15th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

On Mar 15, 11:05 am, BB wrote:
Bricore wrote:
Lawerence (I maybe spelling the name wrong..lol..Sorry if so.) he is
the one right off of 75 South with all the big really nice horse barns
(the tops of one of the roof's used to say horses for sale.) He also
is the one who is head of the big Church with Jesus outside of it with
his hands going up toward the sky. It's a REALLY big one too.

Here's a link to a pic of the statue

http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/...5-09Jesus.html

It is certainly an eye catcher. Any other opinion I may express would
be guaranteed to offend someone so I will refrain...

BB

Yap, that's it! You can't miss it that's for sure. I didn't know there
was a picture of it on the net. I guess the internet does have
everything..lol

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old March 15th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default New to your group

On Mar 14, 10:06 am, "Bricore" wrote:
Hello! I am new to your group. I am not sure just how to work this
group (post messages and get them just yet.) I THINK I am posting a
message but I could be wrong..lol..

Anyway, My name is Dora Renee' Wilkerson. I live in good old Marion,
Ohio. I am into many different hobbies (from spinning, wool dyeing,
loom knitting, candle making, embroidery, horses, and so on..) I have
two young children, four horses, 2 English Anogra's, soon a few dairy
goats, and one husband (which most of you will know one of them is
more then enough...lol.. He really is a sweet man.)

I love loom knitting. I have had a few patterns published in a couple
different magazines and booklets. No books of my own yet..lol.. I do
enjoy looming tho.

Well I hope to learn a lot from your group.

Dora Renee' Wilkersonhttp://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Welcome, Dora. I think that we may learn just as much from you!

Higs,
Katherine

Old March 15th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

On Mar 15, 7:42 pm, "Katherine" wrote:
[...]

Katherine- Hide quoted text -

Katherine,
I am all for learning more either way.
Tonight I am going to TRY to finish up a little loom knitted lamb I
have been working on. It's all done in Bobbles! Not sure if I will get
it done or not just depends on how late I stay up. I'll let you all
know when I get it done tho (I'll post some pictures... Hopefully,
it'll turn out ok. Sometimes I think something will look alright but
it's hard to tell until you get it altogether.)
Well I better get off this computer and get back to looming.
Great talking with you!
Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old March 16th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Bricore wrote:
http://www.ewetopia.net/UpperValleyFiberFestival.htm

Donna,

I'll be checking out that link. Thank-you for posting it. I have
NEVER been to one of these and have always wanted to go. Now that I
know there is one in Ohio I am going!

I love to see the angora goats....you can pet them, and also I had never
seen a alpaca until last year at the Wool Gathering at Youngs Dairy near
Yellow Springs...that is in Sep I think and is a 2 or 3 day event.

Lawerence (I maybe spelling the name wrong..lol..Sorry if so.) he is
the one right off of 75 South with all the big really nice horse barns
(the tops of one of the roof's used to say horses for sale.) He also
is the one who is head of the big Church with Jesus outside of it with
his hands going up toward the sky. It's a REALLY big one too.

Oh yes drove by that on the way to Cincinnati last weekend.

I don't know him all that well. Just looked at some horses years ago
at his place. Really pretty place tho. I was amazed at how nice the
main barn and office was (so amazed that I didn't really pay much
attention to the horses that I rode..lol..) It was neat tho.

I hope they will be selling some English Angora's at the fiber
fest. I have been thinking about getting a buck for my doe's.

Great talking with you!

Nice talking with you tooG

Donna

Old March 16th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Unusual statue - Was New to your group

BB wrote:
Bricore wrote:

Lawerence (I maybe spelling the name wrong..lol..Sorry if so.) he
is the one right off of 75 South with all the big really nice horse
barns (the tops of one of the roof's used to say horses for sale.)
He also is the one who is head of the big Church with Jesus outside
of it with his hands going up toward the sky. It's a REALLY big one
too.

Here's a link to a pic of the statue

http://www.ohiobarns.com/othersites/...5-09Jesus.html

It is certainly an eye catcher. Any other opinion I may express would
be guaranteed to offend someone so I will refrain...

LOL I think we a of the same mind in that regard.

Old March 16th 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Hey, my husband bought me that USM but I kept jamming it up. He
would get on it and go back and forth and it wouldn't jam. I would do
it like twice and then I'd jam it up. I thought maybe I was going to
fast but my husband does it faster then I do and he wasn't jamming it
up at all. I would love to learn how to run that right too. Too many
neat things to learn and not a lot of time.

There are any number of reasons your USM got jammed. I've given out
tips in the past that I can dig up from the Usenet archives and repost
if you need it.

What do you think of the Bond machine? Have you made a lot with it?
Hey, if you ever need any help with looms let me know. I'll help
you if I can or I'll find out from one of the ladies I talk with.

After learning my machine's quirks, I love it for quickly doing plain
stockinette. I've made quite a few things with it over the years,
afghans, sweaters, loads of hats, scarves, mittens, a couple of
drawstring purses, and the like.

I've since branched out and am doing more challenging work on it,
including intarsia, where you make pictures without carrying colors
across the row. It takes careful attention to your chart, but once
you get the colors threaded up and double checked, the row is knit in
practically no time with the intarsia KP. It leaves you with tons of
ends to weave in, but the pictures you can make with it are very true
to the charts. I have some samples of my intarsia work on my Star
Wars chart site. Most of the charts are all the same size 23 x 35 for
a specific project I'm doing for a friend. I've been fiddling around
designing more charts that she wants, and posting them to my site for
others to use as I get them done. My site really needs another
overhaul, but I just haven't had the time, so the page is still slow
to load because of all the pictures. You'll find the charts and
pictures of some squares I did he
http://www.angelfire.com/space2/swcharts/

Leah
Old March 16th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
ILovemyDoggie.

Bricore wrote:
I'll try this again. I thought I posted a reply but it looks like I
didn't.. Sorry, I am new to the google group thing (I am used to
yahoo's tho.)

I spin anything I can get my hands on. I have two English angora's
that I love spinning. I also spin sheep (I ordered 3 lbs. a while
back. I think it was called the Black sheep company or something like
that. Good stuff for the price tho.)

Well I am going to test and see if these message goes this time before
I write a book and it goes no where.

Dora

http://www.bricoreandfamily.blogspot.com/

Hey Dora,
what type of yarn to you spin? Btw, welcome to the group. This group
is neat.
Pam-Doggirl3
Alabama- Hide quoted text -

Cool. B)

Old March 17th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Mar 15, 7:56 pm, "Bricore" wrote:

Katherine,
I am all for learning more either way.
Tonight I am going to TRY to finish up a little loom knitted lamb I
have been working on. It's all done in Bobbles! Not sure if I will get
it done or not just depends on how late I stay up. I'll let you all
know when I get it done tho (I'll post some pictures... Hopefully,
it'll turn out ok. Sometimes I think something will look alright but
it's hard to tell until you get it altogether.)

LOL I agree, Dora. As long as we learn, it really doesn't matter who
is doing the teaching.

Higs,
Katherine

Your pick group (and any other group I moderate), Pami, Dannielle-double aster.... Terbear Quilting 0 December 1st 06 11:17 PM
New To Group Kath Yarn 13 January 4th 06 11:08 PM
Hello Group Kari Machine Knit 1 December 1st 05 09:30 PM
New to the Group mertle Jewelry 1 January 30th 05 09:18 AM
New to the Group Darren Jewelry 2 January 23rd 05 12:54 AM