Finish or not...

Old October 1st 05, 08:18 PM
Aud

Default Finish or not...

....just some thoughts..

I like to finish my objects, and i seldome have too much lying around.
(may be I am a "control freak", that is not too good, lol!)

But I have started a pair of socks long time ago.
I have finished several pairs later,
and done much more work.

This pair of socks are OK, nice, good idea... you name it...!
But when I try to knit more on those socks, I get a bad feeling...
I know I did some of the former knitting
in a periode that was not too good for me.
But I cannot remember exactly what bothered me so much just then.
But every time i take in that work, I do not like it, and feel bad.

I thought I should finish them and then give them away.
Then I thought I would frog tem.
But I do not like to have that yarn lying around,
SO.. having finished more than 1 1/2 sock, I will now take them off the
needles,
throw them in the dustbin, and get free from them!!

I feel I have made the right decision,
and I am redy to start on anything else,
but THAT pattern, or those colores!

STRANGE???
AUD ;-)

Old October 1st 05, 08:55 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Aud"
wrote:

[...]

Aud not strange at all, leave it in the past and pull the knitted parts of
the socks out. Wind the wool up in a ball, and give it away. Turn a new
page, and buy some nice new yarn and knit a new pair. Whatever it was
that was giving your problems, is long past. You have moved on and so do
not go back there and visit a difficult time. Someone else may be
perfectly happy with the yarn, no loose connections at all.

Els
Old October 1st 05, 09:02 PM
David Sky

When I don't like the energy or feeling of what I am crocheting, I
typically just cut the yarnfrom the partially-crocheted item and throw the
item in the garbage too. I don't need any kind of reason or
justification, I just do it.

David

Old October 1st 05, 09:16 PM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Aud wrote:
...just some thoughts..

I like to finish my objects, and i seldome have too much lying around.
(may be I am a "control freak", that is not too good, lol!)

That's not being a control freak, that's just being whisper
organized.

snip
I thought I should finish them and then give them away.
Then I thought I would frog them.
But I do not like to have that yarn lying around,
SO.. having finished more than 1 1/2 sock, I will now
take them off the needles,
throw them in the dustbin,
and get free from them!!

I feel I have made the right decision,
and I am ready to start on anything else,
but THAT pattern, or those colors!
STRANGE?

Not strange at all. Life's too short to be obsessed with
finishing an optional project that you don't enjoy.

=Tamar
--
"Not all projects are meant to be." - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Old October 1st 05, 10:00 PM
Rusty

Aud, if 'dustbin' is the garbage, that's the right place for it. If it
feels bad to you, and you're not enjoying working with that yarn, why
continue ?

Rusty in CT
and
Dusty too

Old October 1st 05, 10:04 PM
Ophelia

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , "Aud"
wrote:

[...]

Excellent philosophy Els. I will take it to heart

Old October 2nd 05, 12:53 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Aud" wrote in message
[...]

Aud, I am *way* overtired, but had to laugh at myself, as the heading of
your post *appeared* to me as
Finnish or not.
And I wondered who or what you were wondering if someone or something was
from Finland, LOL!
I gotta rest!
Hugs,
Noreen

Old October 2nd 05, 02:39 AM

Hi Aud,

I have to agree with everyone and their suggestion to throw the socks
away. We probably have all had it happen sometime in their life and
it's not worth the trouble of continuing them and making you unhappy.

Hugs,

Nora

Old October 2nd 05, 03:57 AM
ejk

...just some thoughts..
SO.. having finished more than 1 1/2 sock, I will now take them off the
needles,
throw them in the dustbin, and get free from them!!

I feel I have made the right decision,
and I am redy to start on anything else,
but THAT pattern, or those colores!

STRANGE???

Not at all strange, Aud! I think it can be hard because we've been taught
not to waste things but it is good to get rid of the negative feelings
associated with those socks.

Eimear

Old October 2nd 05, 09:10 AM
spinninglilac

They must remind you of a bad time, possibly one you can't remember.....like
maybe when you left them you weren't feeling very well or something, it's
like an old record that brings back memories....this is what this particular
sock project seems to have done...or as you really do like to finish your
projects, and haven't done with these, they make you feel bad about
it....cos you know deep down if you had finished them you would be doing
something else now not them..

Cheers...Cher