Am I missing something in this auction?

Old December 8th 04, 10:48 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Am I missing something in this auction?

$400?

Huh?

http://snipurl.com/b82l

--
Barbara

Old December 8th 04, 10:59 PM
HarryB41

OK... My guess would be that it is a typo.
The auction just started on it and maybe they havn'e noticed?

Harry

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:48:16 -0500, "Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote:

$400?

Huh?

http://snipurl.com/b82l

Old December 8th 04, 11:08 PM
JavaGirlBT

Some people on WC are thinking it's a case of shill bidding.
-Ellen

Old December 8th 04, 11:13 PM
Karen_AZ

Some people on WC are thinking it's a case of shill bidding.

Some people on WC would suspect their own mothers. LOL (I like WC, but there
are some ridiculous alarmists out there.) The feedback from the bidders
looks legit to me, including some folks I know from WC for each of them, so
I suspect someone just REALLY wants this heart. Their work is beautiful.

KarenK

Old December 8th 04, 11:18 PM
JavaGirlBT

Some people on WC would suspect their own mothers. LOL (I like WC, but
there
are some ridiculous alarmists out there.

Point!

Did I do that right?
-Ellen

Old December 8th 04, 11:20 PM
Shirley Shone

Looks like ozwald was desperate for it.
Shirley

In message , HarryB41
writes
OK... My guess would be that it is a typo.
The auction just started on it and maybe they havn'e noticed?

Harry

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:48:16 -0500, "Barbara Forbes-Lyons"
wrote:

$400?

Huh?

http://snipurl.com/b82l

--
Shirley Shone
Old December 8th 04, 11:53 PM
Su/Cutworks

Barbara wrote:
$400?

Huh?

http://snipurl.com/b82l

He paid $300 for the one befo

Maybe he likes her work and is willing to pay. I wonder if it's polite to
write to him and ask him if he likes any other beads. ;-)

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

Old December 8th 04, 11:55 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Could be - there's another auction that's currently over $100, but the
average price of these hearts is $15-40. Maybe that person just *really*
likes that heart.

Barbara

Old December 9th 04, 12:15 AM
Kandice Seeber

I agree - there are a few bidders who want some of these hearts, thus a
bidding war ensues. Kudos to the beadmaker!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old December 9th 04, 12:56 AM
Cheryl

I suspect a little shill bidding

if you check the current bidders - and their past auction "purchases"

it's several same names

and no way I believe this person in Israel is getting 200 and $300 each for
boro
hearts --
if so - I'm back to making hearts tonight!
LOL
Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass