Still procrastinating on that sweater, but...

Old December 16th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Still procrastinating on that sweater, but...

.... my daughter rides her little 50cc scooter to work and comes home
late at night when it's really cold, so I decided to knit her a pair of
legwarmers to wear on her way home (she wears skirts and hose to work)
so she doesn't freeze.

In my small stash of other people's cast-offs (pun not intended LOLOLOL)
I had two different DK-weight or sport-weight (not sure which) baby
yarns of different patterns of multicolored pastels, one with more white
and with a cord of sparkly looking something in it and the other with
more pastels , and I am double-stranding it and winging it making a set
of plus-sized legwarmers for her. I did ten rows of 2 x 1 ribbing and
then am doing this mock cable stitch that I found on knittingfool.com to
make them more interesting than just plain stst.

They are coming out so pretty, and work is slowing down already, so I
might get them done really soon, which would be good for my daughter.
It's not a Christmas present, so she already knows about them. She
asked me what I was knitting, and I said, "Legwarmers," and she said,
"Those aren't your colors," and I said, "No, they are your colors."

If I can talk my 15YO into helping me get a picture of it as a WIP on my
computer and get a decent picture that half does them justice, is there
some place I could post it to show you? I know the sewing group has a
Yahoo group where people can post pix they want to share. (No, I don't
have an account on R*velry and am not really planning on trying to get
one -- I don't generally do pictures and so the only picture anything I
know how to do is the photo section of Yahoogroups.)

Of course, they are so basic that you ladies might not think they are
much, but I just like looking at them so much to the point that even
cropping an image and using the texture as a screensaver for a while
would be fun.
--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old December 16th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Dec 15, 8:16 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
[...]

Basic, they may be, but I'd be willing to bet that they are gorgeous!

Higs,
Katherine

Need more help with my sweater [email protected] Yarn 2 February 27th 07 11:22 PM
That sweater! SlinkyToy Yarn 5 October 15th 03 03:29 PM
Tink's "Yes, I'm Procrastinating Again" Slobberworthy List Tink Beads 2 October 15th 03 05:55 AM
Tink's "Yes, I'm Procrastinating Again" Slobberworthy List Tink Beads 0 October 14th 03 11:44 PM
my first sweater.....too big???? Mary Yarn 1 August 3rd 03 10:43 PM