suggestions for use of 4"x4" in patchwork top

Old March 7th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default suggestions for use of 4"x4" in patchwork top

Thanks in advance for your comments. I have been given a bag of 4" 100%
cotton squares (various colors) and would like to know how you would
use them to pice a qiult top?

Old March 7th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well my current project, I am attempting to make a quilt for our bed that is just 4" squares pieced together. Its nothing fancy, but I wanted to make something for us for a change, and I wanted something simple. So I am making the quilt out of 4" scraps.

Cheryl

Old March 7th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh my, lucky you! You could shade them from one side to the other,
make a trip around the world- using all reds for one round, all blues
for another, etc., you could draw a diagonal line across each one and
sew 1/4 in. on each side, cut them apart and have half square triangles
to make a BUNCH of 9 patch based blocks. The sky is the limit. Have
fun and good luck!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 8th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have lots & lots of 4" squares. I am going to put them all in a bag,
start pulling them out one at a time, and make my daughter a table runner
for her new table, and placemats. I did this with 2" squares, and it was
fun.

Sherry Starr

oups.com...

Old March 8th 06, 08:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'd like to pass on a thought: if you are going to leave them as
squares, it would be lovely if you set them on point. You would still
join them in rows, but these rows would be placed at 45 degrees to
horizontal/vertical. The only extra little bit of work would be at the
four edges and corners. I always think that angle makes a piece look so
special.
..
In message .com,
" writes
Thanks in advance for your comments. I have been given a bag of 4" 100%
cotton squares (various colors) and would like to know how you would
use them to pice a qiult top?

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 8th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

even the edges can be done like this.. just leave a zigzag edge and square
it all up afterwards

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old March 8th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

good point ! ;-) i think i will pick randomly from a bag and piece
the squares on point. i just knew i could get help here.

Old March 8th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

GMTA, John! I thought it was about making a frame and thought it
would be too chunky!! LOL
PAT

John A. wrote:
On 7 Mar 2006 10:28:24 -0800, "
wrote:

Thanks in advance for your comments. I have been given a bag of 4" 100%
cotton squares (various colors) and would like to know how you would
use them to pice a qiult top?

For a moment there when I saw the subject line I thought you were
referring to a piece of lumber.
JA

Modern Patchwork vintage book 1949 LindaBeynon Marketplace 0 February 8th 05 01:14 AM
Modern Patchwork vintage book 1949 LindaBeynon Marketplace 0 February 8th 05 01:13 AM
Floss usage experiment. Suggestions. F.James Cripwell Needlework 0 July 22nd 04 03:15 PM
Patchwork Vera Mendes Quilting 8 November 22nd 03 08:18 PM
National Counted Cross Stitch Show - theme for 2004 - suggestions needed. Margaret Lee Needlework 0 August 22nd 03 07:18 PM