Lampworkers and Buyers Come on over to Just Beads

Old October 24th 05, 10:09 PM
Lori Greenberg

Default Lampworkers and Buyers Come on over to Just Beads

I don't work for them but I'm doing an experiment that hopefully will be
successful.

With everything that has beeing going on with eBay not listening to
lampworkers' pleas to remove imported lampwork from the main artist category
in which we sell, I am attempting, in my own little corner of the internet,
to try and shift things the way of JustBeads.com. An eBay boycott? Call it
what you want. I'm committed to, at least for one month, post all of my
auctions at JustBeads.com and not on eBay and I'd like anyone who wants to,
to join me and others who feel the same way.

While I don't think the importers directly hurt my business, I do think they
make it cumbersome to weekd through non-featured auctions on eBay and I
guess that DOES hurt my business.

I know that some people don't like certain features or lack thereof at JB
and that's fine. I'm not asking you to come. BUT, if you're willing to
give it a go and come on over and list, sell and bid, please do. eBay might
be easier in some regards but paying $19.95 to be seen for every auction
might just balance out any inconveniences one might feel at JB.

Come on over....tell all of your friends....put it on your web site, post it
everywhere.

Ok, that's enough words...you get the point. Thanks.

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

justbeads:
http://snipurl.com/axek

Old October 25th 05, 05:52 AM

Well, I don't list on ebay right now anyway as we are in a dispute over
fees, and I have never had much luck on ebay anyway. Just Beads on the
other hand has been great.

I'm looking forward to seeing your sets up on JB Lori, because I think
they are unique and beautiful. Good luck!

Cheryl

Old October 26th 05, 04:38 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

I do not make lampwork (although sometimes I sell it in kits) but I've never
had much success on eBay either.... It seems I get lost in the shuffle...
and there's too many people there who undercut a reasonable price to make it
profitable for me anyway. I've been selling at JustBeads since 1999 or so
and was their first featured artist!
http://www.justbeads.com/user/artist...gallerybio.cfm
My feedback is up to 1060
http://www.justbeads.com/feedback/in...?user_id=21770
And I've been very happy there. I would be so thrilled if more traffic was
directed there - Bob and Bettina are just super to work with and they
deserve the recognition!
--
Karleen Page
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
ps.com...

Old October 27th 05, 04:15 AM
Laura

I've always been strictly Ebay although I love to shop at Just Beads.
I've been thinking about putting up some auctions at Just Beads because
like Karleen said, it's nuts the way people price their stuff on Ebay.
I don't even know how some of them make a profit. I've done pretty
well at times but then the fees are kinda nuts especially if you have
to relist things. I like how Just Beads has free relisting (they still
do, right?).

Laura
www.glasscatjewels.com

Old November 1st 05, 02:41 PM
mermaidscove_com

I like them better too for the most part. I sell pressed glass and I
guess my one gripe would be that the general category is swamped with
beads listed at many times their actual worth, mostly by one seller.
Like you said about ebay, it's hard for customers to weed through. I
know there's not much they can do about that but it has it's effect
either way. One possible improvement would be to subdivide the General
category with pressed glass and maybe even further subdivide that. The
relisting for free and bulk relisting feature are great though!

Ingrid