Breast Cancer Awareness Quilt News

Old October 13th 05, 10:41 PM
Tina

Default Breast Cancer Awareness Quilt News

I just had to let you guys know....

I received a phone call from my friend Alison this afternoon. She has
been asked to be a speaker at a Breast Cancer Awareness luncheon on
Sunday. She was calling to ask me if I would attend with her -
because....
the luncheon is for breast cancer survivors and the people who have
supported them through their treatments and recovery. She asked if I
would go with her because she felt that I had a profound impact on her
recovery and she asked if she could take her quilt, show it and talk
about how it came together and the people who participated!

OMG - I cried and cried. Like I told her, I can't accept all the
responsibility for the healing, support and prayers that went into her
quilt - I would have to bring all the kids from school, her friends and
all my RCTQ friends along with me!

DH reassured me, that I should go and just consider myself the Rep. for
the kids and my wonderful RCTQ friends. Ok, fair enough.

Anyway, I just had to share this with you all and let you know how good
this made me feel that she felt this way about her quilt - and to let
you all know that she wants to show you all off at this Breast Cancer
Awareness luncheon.

Thank you with all my heart for the love, prayers and support you all
put into this project.

Hugs,
Tina

Old October 14th 05, 12:18 AM
The Laws

"Tina" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

That is wonderful. The real value in quilting. Thanks so much for sharing
Kay

Old October 14th 05, 01:11 PM
Pat in Virginia

Tina:
This just makes my day!! Don't worry about eating our share of
the lunch. I am more than willing to let you have my share of the
calories. LOL Have a great time.
Could you post the link to picture of that quilt, please?
Hugs, PAT in VA/USA

Old October 14th 05, 01:18 PM
Tina

Alison receiving her quilt -
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...10789979PNNCyc

The album - http://community.webshots.com/album/348233522qyTAkW

Thanks Pat!
Tina

Old October 14th 05, 03:51 PM
nana2b

Hi Tina, Goosebumps and a few tears here too. Linda, survivor of 15 years
(in part due to my friends' love, support and humor)

Old October 16th 05, 12:42 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Yahoo!! You go for us and accept the hugs for us and hug right back for
us!.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
oups.com...

Old October 16th 05, 10:47 PM
Tina

Default After the luncheon/Breast Cancer Awareness Quilt News

WOW, all I can say at this moment, is WOW. I hope you all had a good
cry today.

A happy cry, for being a strong survivor!
A happy cry, for having such wonderful friends and supporters among
this group!
A happy cry, for the month of October and everything it means to so
many women across the world!
and maybe a sad cry, for those who were not survivors.

I had lunch today with a ballroom FILLED with survivors! and their
family, friends and supporters and most of all, my friend Alison Ayres
Bell. Who not only is now a two month survivor, but is now an advocate
for stem cell research. You can read about her on her husbands web
site www.chrisbell.com

Alison talked a LOT about her quilt and mentioned all of you here at
RCTQ. She talked about how amazing it is to her that when you mention
"Breast Cancer" you suddenly realize you have sisters, friends and
supporters from across the globe that you have never even met. She was
honored and grateful and awed by the love and compassion shown her
through her HUG quilt.

I can't thank you all enough. All donations of Kleenex, or tissues of
any brand, will be gratefully accepted at my address which is in the
directory. I will be needing them for days as I still can't quit
crying.

The luncheon was beautiful, moving and touching and the Waterford
crystal trinket box I was gifted with, will hold scraps from her quilt
as my own remembrance of Alison's noble fight against breast cancer.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs,
Tina