Native Am. quilt blocks needed

Old October 13th 05, 12:10 AM
Jack & Alice

Default Native Am. quilt blocks needed

Hello All,
Our first time here. We belong to a machine embroidery,
A.B.C.P. newsgroup. Can someone tell us where we can
find good source for Native American quilt blocks? We
do most our quilts with machine embroidery designs, but
would like some piece quilt block designs. TIA.
Jack & Alice
In Oklahoma

Old October 13th 05, 12:52 AM
Terbear

here are some I found:
http://www.blockcentral.com/eq5nativeamerican.shtml

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

. ..

Old October 13th 05, 11:42 AM
Roberta Zollner

No idea how to answer your question, just wanted to say welcome! Although it
seems like the Friendship Star would look very fine in between embroidered
NA blocks. Seminole strips would make great sashing and borders too!
Roberta in D

. ..

Old October 13th 05, 03:34 PM
Susan Laity Price

The largest collection of Native American inspired quilting patterns
and supplies can be found at Southwest Decoratives in Albuq., NM.
Their website is www.swdecoratives.com

Welcome to the group and stop by to visit often

Susan

Old October 13th 05, 05:49 PM
Listpig

Those are cool, but with the proviso that they're "blocks with Indian
names", rather than anything actually traditionally Indian...

Of course the classic is always going to be the eight pointed star, whether
with one row of diamonds or more.

--pig

On 10/12/05 18:52, in article elh3f.5566$MN6.4058@fed1read04, "Terbear"
wrote:

here are some I found:
http://www.blockcentral.com/eq5nativeamerican.shtml

-- Megan Zurawicz
South Holland, Illinois

Old October 16th 05, 12:31 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

These are mostly SW tribes. You can try the local Tribes web pages - after
a google search - for other more specific inspiration.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \