best sock book?

Old July 16th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laurie G. in CA[_3_]

Default best sock book?

I just subscribed to this group. I do knit but mostly I quilt. I am looking
for a sock book that teaches knitting on double circular needles (2 at a
time).

My sock knitting experience is limited. I started a sock about 3 years ago
and when I started to knit on it again, I had totally lost my place.
Soooooo, I ripped it out.

I really don't want to fall into the SSS so I though doing both at once
would cure me!

I appreciate your recommendations!

~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA
http://www.finishingtouchesquilts.com
http://community.webshots.com/user/lagrant7
~~~~~~~

Old July 16th 09, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_3_]

"Laurie G. in CA" wrote in message
I just subscribed to this group. I do knit but mostly I quilt. I am looking
for a sock book that teaches knitting on double circular needles (2 at a
time).

My sock knitting experience is limited. I started a sock about 3 years ago
and when I started to knit on it again, I had totally lost my place.
Soooooo, I ripped it out.

I really don't want to fall into the SSS so I though doing both at once
would cure me!

I appreciate your recommendations!

~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA
http://www.finishingtouchesquilts.com
http://community.webshots.com/user/lagrant7
~~~~~~~

You may want to check out this one.

Knitting Circles Around Socks: Knit Two at a Time on Circular Needles

DA

Old July 17th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Welcome to the group , things are a bit slow now !!!
Sorry i have no Sock Book name ,,
mirjam

Old July 18th 09, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spike

DA wrote:
"Laurie G. in CA" wrote in message
I just subscribed to this group. I do knit but mostly I quilt. I am
looking for a sock book that teaches knitting on double circular
needles (2 at a time).

My sock knitting experience is limited. I started a sock about 3 years
ago and when I started to knit on it again, I had totally lost my
place. Soooooo, I ripped it out.

I really don't want to fall into the SSS so I though doing both at
once would cure me!

I appreciate your recommendations!

~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CA
http://www.finishingtouchesquilts.com
http://community.webshots.com/user/lagrant7
~~~~~~~

You may want to check out this one.

Knitting Circles Around Socks: Knit Two at a Time on Circular Needles

DA

I agree with DA, "Knitting Circles Around Socks" will meet your needs.
I have it and it will teach you what you want to do.

I do, highly recommend "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch.
She is great and the charts she provides will used by you many times
if you knit socks very often. I recommend both if you can.

Dennis
Old July 18th 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laurie G. in CA[_3_]

When I was out on Thursday I bought "Knitting Circles Around Socks....."
based on your recommendations. It looks like a wonderful book! I like the
tutorial using worsted weight yarn for your first socks. I'm going to give
that a try!!!

Thanks all!

--
~~~~~~~

Old July 20th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spike

Laurie G. in CA wrote:
When I was out on Thursday I bought "Knitting Circles Around Socks....."
based on your recommendations. It looks like a wonderful book! I like the
tutorial using worsted weight yarn for your first socks. I'm going to give
that a try!!!

Thanks all!

Let us know how the sock knitting goes

Dennis
Old July 21st 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jul 16, 10:44*am, "Laurie G. in CA" wrote:
I just subscribed to this group. I do knit but mostly I quilt. I am looking
for a sock book that teaches knitting on double circular needles (2 at a
time).

My sock knitting experience is limited. I started a sock about 3 years ago
and when I started to knit on it again, I had totally lost my place.
Soooooo, I ripped it out.

I really don't want to fall into the SSS so I though doing both at once
would cure me!

I appreciate your recommendations!

~~~~~~~
Laurie G. in CAhttp://www.finishingtouchesquilts.comhttp://community.webshots.com/user/lagrant7
~~~~~~~

I think that Cat Bihordi has one Socks Soar on Two Circulars.
Personally, I hate that method. I tried it twice, and it worked, but
I felt as though I was working with spiders. But that's just me! It
may be fine for you.

Higs,
Katherine
Old July 22nd 09, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mygrayne

I tried using two circular needles a while ago, and also gave up
because it was too difficult to handle the ends flying all over the
place. I had tried it with the 24" needles that are recommended in
most of the books I've read. Then I tried 16" needles since half a
sock on one needle really isn't very long, and the shorter needles
work like a charm for me.