October BOM done

Old October 11th 05, 01:00 AM
Anne in CA

Default October BOM done

This block was a real stretch of my abilities, for sure. I almost went
with the simplified method others posted, but then decided that Melissa
was giving us progressively harder blocks and I should use it as a
"teaching moment" ;-) I do think my points would have matched better
with the simplified method though ...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...73660082cGwHfN
--
Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
Old October 11th 05, 01:12 AM
Dee in Oz

I love your colour combination Anne.
I finished my October block yesterday and must admit your points are
much better than mine. It is a great learning experience isn't it. I
have had to unpick on many occasions !!! I can see many improvements in
my work along the way too.

now all I have to do is take photos and post them

Dee in Oz

Old October 11th 05, 01:30 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Anne in CA wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...73660082cGwHfN

Those points look pretty darned good to me, Anne!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 11th 05, 01:49 AM
Anne in CA

Actually the *points* are OK. Its the places where the little squares
are supposed to line up with the little triangles inside the star
points. That darn ole scant 1/4 inch is really crucial in this block --
not much fudge factor allowed. Concentrate on one thing and the other
will sneak up and bite you on the behind :-)

Anne in CA
annerudolph AT comcast DOT net
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl
Crow
http://community.webshots.com/user/annerudolph3

Old October 11th 05, 01:51 AM
Anne in CA

Thank you Dee. At the outset I decided to use only fabrics from a gift
stash of 1960's stuff from a garment maker. They are little flower-y
calico things that I wouldn't probably use for anything else, but they
do all seem to go together nicely -- so long as I remember *value* :-)

Old October 13th 05, 11:54 PM
Julia in MN

I have finished the pieced blocks for September and October. They are
posted at http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/BOM2005.html

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 16th 05, 10:46 PM
nzlstar*

is it easy to quilt while horseback riding?
no wonder you're so good.
yeaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Anne in CA" wrote...
That's 'cause I took the picture from a galloping horse ;-)

Hi Anne - October 6x6 Elizabeth Yarn 1 September 30th 04 11:13 PM
Simply Quilts Schedule for October AliceW Quilting 4 October 7th 03 11:24 PM
October Specials Christine Oxner Rubberstamps 0 October 6th 03 11:28 PM
BEADING & JEWELLERY CLASSES START 4th OCTOBER 2003 JulesGems ~ Beads & Things Jewelry 0 September 24th 03 04:01 PM
Donna Kato in Philadelphia October 11 and 12 Martha Aleo Polymer Clay 0 September 11th 03 06:28 PM