Olfa Rotary Circle Cutter?

Old October 13th 05, 03:47 AM
The Brown Family

Default Olfa Rotary Circle Cutter?

Does anyone have one of these.......does it work very well?

http://www.olfa.com/rotary/Products.asp?C=3&P=149

Lorraine

Old October 13th 05, 04:11 AM
Sherry Starr

I don't have one, but I have used one. I saw it at several quilt shows, and
finally tried it. I like it better than the Brooklyn Revolver.

Sherry Starr

Old October 13th 05, 04:51 AM
Laurie G.

I'm confused. I have a Brooklyn Revolver and it is nothing like the circle
cutter. It is a mat that is used for trimming/squaring up pieces already
sewn. It revolves so you don't have to pick up and rotate the piece for
trimming. I haven't seen it used for making circles. Is it also used for
that?

--
* * * * * * *
Happy Quilting!

Old October 13th 05, 12:31 PM
The Brown Family

I have the Brooklyn Revolver too......I love mine.....use it all the time. I
hadn't thought about using it for circles. I guess you are just referring to it
as a different technique for cutting them out.

Lorraine

Old October 13th 05, 12:40 PM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

I have one and have mixed feelings.
#1 Be very very careful when using it. Because you're moving it and
holding down the fabric, it's very close to your fingers.
#2 The cuts are not always complete, so some snipping of stray threads
may be required.
#3 It's a whole lot better than anything else that I've ever tried.

joan, who uses it to make circles for Mom to make into yoyos

Old October 13th 05, 05:15 PM
Julia in MN

I have one. I used it to cut circles from old jeans to make a quilt like
this: http://quilting.about.com/library/0l..._gallbaros.htm. It
worked okay -- much better than marking all those circles with a
template and cutting with a scissors. You do have to be careful to keep
the fabric flat or you will end up with lopsided circles.

This is the quilt I made:
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/ShermShirts.JPG. The colored squares
are cut from t-shirts. Some of the pieces include a logo or a name from
the shirts. It's heavy!

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old October 13th 05, 06:48 PM
The Brown Family

Your quilt is gorgeous Julia.....that's a great idea for a jeans quilt (have
tons of those saved up). This was what I was thinking of doing, either for a
runner or placemats.

http://www.olfa.com/rotary/creativec...ode=rotaryProj

Lorraine

Old October 16th 05, 12:33 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

rotflmaO!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Sherry Starr" wrote in message
I don't have one, but I have used one. I saw it at several quilt shows,
and finally tried it. I like it better than the Brooklyn Revolver.

Sherry Starr

"The Brown Family" wrote in message

Does anyone have one of these.......does it work very well?

http://www.olfa.com/rotary/Products.asp?C=3&P=149

Lorraine

Question about large Olfa rotary mat. Blimey Quilting 11 September 26th 04 02:32 PM
rotary cutter blades Becky Quilting 2 May 6th 04 09:37 AM
Olfa rotary circle cutter Julia in MN Quilting 1 October 17th 03 08:15 PM
Rotary cutter problem - revisited Jennifer Hepworth Quilting 7 July 21st 03 04:36 PM
Fiskars, was Rotary cutter problem - revisited Jennifer Hepworth Quilting 2 July 21st 03 04:53 AM