Help please...crocheted slippers

Old October 13th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

Default Help please...crocheted slippers

I am making a pair of slippers (my first time at a clothing item) and I
don't understand the Finishing instructions.

FINISHING
Join pieces as follows: Place Top on Sole with wrong sides together.(I
understand this part)
Join yarn at Heel; working through both pieces, slip st in each sc of Top
easing in Sole fullness; join to first st; finish off.

As I understand this, I work up through the bottom (Sole) to the top (Top)
and slip stitch in the top. What I don't understand is the "easing in the
Sole fullness".

Very thankful,
Christy

Old October 13th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"vanmier" vanmier AT peoplepc DOT com wrote in message
I am making a pair of slippers (my first time at a clothing item) and I
don't understand the Finishing instructions.

FINISHING
Join pieces as follows: Place Top on Sole with wrong sides together.(I
understand this part)
Join yarn at Heel; working through both pieces, slip st in each sc of Top
easing in Sole fullness; join to first st; finish off.

As I understand this, I work up through the bottom (Sole) to the top (Top)
and slip stitch in the top. What I don't understand is the "easing in the
Sole fullness".

Very thankful,
Christy

Hi Christy! I crochet, but I've never crocheted slippers before (where did
you find a pattern?) so unfortunately I don't have a clue what that means
either. Hopefully someone else can help with your question.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 13th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
Hi Christy! I crochet, but I've never crocheted slippers before (where
did you find a pattern?) so unfortunately I don't have a clue what that
means either. Hopefully someone else can help with your question.

*hugs*
Gemini

Gemini,

It's a Leisure Arts pattern from 1985. It's a booklet that has 9
different patterns. I thought I picked the easiest one. *LOL*

Christy

Old October 14th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"vanmier" vanmier AT peoplepc DOT com wrote in message

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
Hi Christy! I crochet, but I've never crocheted slippers before (where
did you find a pattern?) so unfortunately I don't have a clue what that
means either. Hopefully someone else can help with your question.

*hugs*
Gemini

Gemini,

It's a Leisure Arts pattern from 1985. It's a booklet that has 9
different patterns. I thought I picked the easiest one. *LOL*

Christy

Ahh, I love Leisure Arts pattern books. I have a lot of them... but I can't
figure out where I put them all at the moment. / Someday when I'm not
looking for them they'll be right in my way. ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 17th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Mystified One" wrote in message
I keep meaning to fill a shelf with these. Still in quest of the shelf.

I *have* the shelf... just not in the house yet... I just have to get it
brought in, and find the pattern books again. ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 15th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

*lol* Isn't that how it always goes. : ) The books I use are my
mother-in-laws. She has a few Leisure Arts books as well as a couple of
afghan books(which I use liberally).

Christy

Old October 17th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"vanmier" vanmier AT peoplepc DOT com wrote in message
*lol* Isn't that how it always goes. : ) The books I use are my
mother-in-laws. She has a few Leisure Arts books as well as a couple of
afghan books(which I use liberally).

Christy

Yeah. Sad thing is it was only last year that I had been looking through
all the books and sorting them by what was in them... toys, slippers,
afghans, etc. Then I put them back in the sturdy box I had them in, and I
*thought* I had put them in one place... but when I went looking for them
they were nowhere to be found. Nevermind... we have a HUGE bookcase that
someone gave us (at the moment it's in the garage/workshop)... so when we
get that brought in the house and set up where I want it... and when I find
my pattern books... one of the shelves will be devoted to them, then I will
*always* know where they are. ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 13th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_2_]

In sewing, "ease in the fullness" refers to cases where one piece has a
longer edge than the one it's being seamed to, and means you adjust the
difference in little increments at every opportunity, so you don't have a
big tuck somewhere. Hope this helps!

Georgia
http://www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm

Old October 13th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
vanmier[_2_]

Thank you Georgia!

That is very helpful. I understand it now. : )

Christy

m...

Knitted Slippers Makita Yarn 11 January 14th 07 11:14 AM
Help with knitted slippers angel_crafter Yarn 3 December 11th 06 02:36 PM
bed slippers Craftkitten (Darlene) Yarn 2 November 2nd 04 10:23 AM
Glass slippers Christina Peterson Beads 12 October 14th 03 04:58 PM
animal slippers Mary Needlework 1 July 29th 03 09:38 PM