Candles???

Old November 9th 03, 11:45 PM
~ Nan ~

Default Candles???

I want to line some sea urchin shells with translucent clay because I
tried to fill them with gell clay and they leaked.. the cracks are so
fine ..There was only one with a big enough opening to put in a tea
light.. they are so pretty with the light glowing through..
I have been thinking about putting in a very thin lining of translucent
polymer clay...but wondering if it can take the heat.
Hope someone knows.. emails welcome.
Thanks
Nan

Old November 10th 03, 06:31 PM
Valerie

I have been thinking about putting in a very thin lining of translucent
polymer clay...but wondering if it can take the heat.
Hope someone knows.

Hi Nan!
I don't know specifically about sea urchins, but on some shells, if you bake
them the color changes in them. I've had this happen quite a few times with
various shells and experiments with PC. The shells themselves held up fine, but
the colors just dulled somewhat.
HTH

Valerie
Website: http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/index.html
RCB Member Links:
http://www.geocities.com/m2ir8/professionallinks.html
Submit your site! E-mail me for details! *Remove* spam block to reply.