Discussion Topic: ONE craft for a month on a deserted Isle

Old September 11th 03, 08:12 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 05:35:14 -0500, Aud wrote:
Thank you, Katherine, Now I learned something!
AUD ;-) LOL!!

LOL, Aud, *your* island can be wherever and whatever you want, if
Katherine wants to freeze in Labrador, well, let her! (GRIN).
*my* island is tropical.....ummm... near Tahiti methinks.

But wouldn't that be too hot for knitting? g
Katherine

Old September 11th 03, 08:13 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Els van Dam" wrote
, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 05:35:14 -0500, Aud wrote:
Thank you, Katherine, Now I learned something!
AUD ;-) LOL!!

LOL, Aud, *your* island can be wherever and whatever you want, if
Katherine wants to freeze in Labrador, well, let her! (GRIN).
*my* island is tropical.....ummm... near Tahiti methinks.
Hugs,
Noreen

It is six of one and half a dozen of the other...freezing or frying....
LOL How about an Island in the temperate zone. We have many here...you
may have to share it with a sea lion or two, maybe a kodiak bear, or a
cougar....adventures ahead. If there are cedar trees on this Isalnd you
can make a basket to put in the hand spun yarns and some of the trees will
even give finer bark for a water proof raincoat. The goats at hand will
give some of their fibers for the spinning, and the cedar tree the wood
for the knitting needles (I do have a set of those) some of the roots
will give colour and maybe I do not need to bring anything, since a nice
smooth stick is all I need to do the spinning......(big smile)

I still like my first Island better, with the horses on Sable Island.

Els,
I will need you on my island!
Katherine

Old September 11th 03, 08:20 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:13:38 -0500, Katherine Burgess wrote:

Els,
I will need you on my island!
Katherine

g then it would'nt be DESERTED, would it Katherine? Okay, you take
Els, I'm taking Helen!
LOL
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)

Old September 11th 03, 08:21 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:12:53 -0500, Katherine Burgess wrote:

But wouldn't that be too hot for knitting? g
Katherine

Maybe, but I'm bringing crocheting, ie: hairpin lace!

Old September 11th 03, 08:23 PM
Aud

OK, ELS, we have a tradition for planning expeditions, haven't we?
An island warm enough to be comfortable,
and cool enough to knit on!
Please, find the island, and how to go there all of us!
AUD :-))

--

"Els van Dam" skrev i melding
In article 20039118572.801667@j9o2a1, Noreen's Knit*che
wrote:

[...]

delete doba to email me.....:=))

Old September 11th 03, 08:28 PM
Aud

LOL!!! And what a STRONG witch craft when all of us are there!
AUD ;-))

--

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding
Witch craft !!!!this way we can do everything !!!
wrote:

Okay, you're going to be stuck on a deserted island for one month.
You can bring ONE craft with you.
WHAT do you bring?

Noreen
(who has it narrowed down to one of two things at the moment)
LOL

Old September 11th 03, 09:22 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:23:51 -0500, Aud wrote:
OK, ELS, we have a tradition for planning expeditions, haven't we?
An island warm enough to be comfortable,
and cool enough to knit on!
Please, find the island, and how to go there all of us!
AUD :-))

Aud,
We FLY there on our brooms, as we will also (according to Mirjam) be
practicing "witchcraft", LOL!!!

Old September 11th 03, 10:21 PM
Cori

I take up sculpting and hire either Keanu Reeves or Mel Gibson to model for
me on the island (vbg). Since I'm slow with crafts it could be years before
I finish that statue! Now wouldn't that be a shame???

Cori

---

Old September 11th 03, 10:38 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

I agree with Aud here.
Best: Pirjo
Katherine Burgess kirjoitti

"Aud" wrote ...
Lots of wonderful coloured wool yarn for knitting.
Dut desert... it could be very hot then... ;-))
AUD :-)

Not a desert, Aud, a deserted island. It could be off the

coast of Labrador.
Katherine