Im BAAAACK & GeoBear Update

Old August 22nd 10, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default Im BAAAACK & GeoBear Update

Hi All,
Back home from my stay at the cabin in Lizard Land. Did some sewing
and some stitching and a wee bit of knitting. Made another silk kimono
jacket for my DNiece in TX and have been working on a NP project to help
Janet (my stitchin' buddy). Nothing earth shattering happened while I
was gone -- which is good -- and I am happy to be back home (but not as
happy as Cassie the Old Lady Baby Cat) and have my own bed to sleep in
and my HUGE bathtub waiting for me to have a nice, loooooong soak.
Now, GeoBear Status. He DID make it back to Raechel's teacher who
was VERY impressed by all of the wonderful photos and stories everyone
included!!! Apparently, this GB is the most traveled bear any of her
students have ever had!!! Raechel said to tell all of you that she
really likes all the photos, etc. and is very grateful to all of you for
hosting him! We went to meet R's Second Grade teacher and then went to
see Mrs. Hilborn, the First Grade teacher, and find out if GB had made
it back safely. We were about three classrooms away when Mrs. H saw R
and actually yelled down the hallway to tell R that there was a package
for her. Raechel let out a whoop and rushed to the classroom to get her
GeoBear. She was so thrilled that she had to take him shopping later
that day -- LOLOL.
Anyway, I want to thank all of you again for hosting GeoBear. I am
just sorry that his trip was cut short by the volcano and he didn't get
to see Sheena and the hosts in the States. I hope those of you who did
get to host GB know that you REALLY made the SMDGD unbelievably happy.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart for your kindness :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old August 22nd 10, 09:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

Nice to have you back. Lizard Land's loss is our gain.
Happy to hear that GB made it back and Raechel is having a HOOT!
I suspect that Sheena is having major problems in not being able to
contribute. A picture of Sheena and GB holding a lettuce, tomato and Miracle
Whip dressing would have been the crowning touch.
Hopefully there is a Miracle Whip rehab center in Sheena's area if she needs
it.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old August 22nd 10, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 8/21/10 8:09 PM, in article , "Tia Mary"
wrote:

Hi All,
Back home from my stay at the cabin in Lizard Land. Did some sewing
and some stitching and a wee bit of knitting. Made another silk kimono
jacket for my DNiece in TX and have been working on a NP project to help
Janet (my stitchin' buddy). Nothing earth shattering happened while I
was gone -- which is good -- and I am happy to be back home (but not as
happy as Cassie the Old Lady Baby Cat) and have my own bed to sleep in
and my HUGE bathtub waiting for me to have a nice, loooooong soak.

Sounds like a prolific sewing/stitching time, and good return to the
personal spa!

Now, GeoBear Status. He DID make it back to Raechel's teacher who
was VERY impressed by all of the wonderful photos and stories everyone
included!!! Apparently, this GB is the most traveled bear any of her
students have ever had!!! Raechel said to tell all of you that she
really likes all the photos, etc. and is very grateful to all of you for
hosting him! We went to meet R's Second Grade teacher and then went to
see Mrs. Hilborn, the First Grade teacher, and find out if GB had made
it back safely. We were about three classrooms away when Mrs. H saw R
and actually yelled down the hallway to tell R that there was a package
for her. Raechel let out a whoop and rushed to the classroom to get her
GeoBear. She was so thrilled that she had to take him shopping later
that day -- LOLOL.

Fabulous to know that GeoBear made a safe return from his travels.

Anyway, I want to thank all of you again for hosting GeoBear. I am
just sorry that his trip was cut short by the volcano and he didn't get
to see Sheena and the hosts in the States. I hope those of you who did
get to host GB know that you REALLY made the SMDGD unbelievably happy.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart for your kindness :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)

You never know - maybe there will be a chance for some North American
hosting of another visitor! It's so nice that this, and your other
e-friends could host GeoBear around the world.

Ellice

Old August 23rd 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Lucille wrote:
I was there a couple of years ago for a reunion and asked if anyone
finally knew what was served that we called Rock of Ages. Toast with
a brown/black mound atop it. Nearest guess was maybe mashed
sardines.

Are you sure it wasn't what American soldiers call SOS, aka s**t on a
shingle?

Papa (a WW2 Navy Pilot) told us that SOS was creamed chipped beef on
toast. Made properly, it's not bad -- especially if you don't have to
have it too often -- LOLOL! CiaoMeoew ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

? any update on Geobear?? Gillian Murray Needlework 0 May 9th 10 12:26 AM
AD & UPDATE: I've missed you all...(Update on me & new beads) Paulette Insall Beads 7 July 13th 06 06:09 PM
I'm baaaack, can you see me? :o) Matthew Hollands Yarn 20 May 23rd 05 03:56 PM
I'm Baaaack! Sherry Starr Quilting 4 November 8th 03 12:57 AM
OT I'm baaaack Dr. Sooz Beads 0 September 4th 03 07:48 PM