questions - gauge swatch and edging

Old April 23rd 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

Default questions - gauge swatch and edging

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I did wash and block before measureing, and as
said I followed the instructions in the manual for making the swatch. I
just decided to use the measurements using the ruler, so we'll see how this
sweater comes out.
I typically do am e-wrap or latch hook cast on, but since I was planning a
ribbing I though using waste warn might be easier to get the ribbing down
the first row, but the manual said nothing about what to do with that
unfinished edge or when to remove the waste yarn.
I, too, and just learning so many things for me are just rial and error. I
did get a DVD from yarn-store.com which I found extremely helpful.
Happy knitting!
-ned
Old April 26th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

I was unable to find this DVD you mentioned listed online. Can you give
further details. I'd like to learn reversible double jacquard by
machine. I have a (double bed ) Singer/Studio model 150 with matching
ribber.
Lorraine

I did get a DVD from yarn-store.com which I found extremely helpful.

Old April 26th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit

if you go to that web page, click on Machine knitting on the left side. in
the page that opens up, you will see Knitting Machine How to Videos. There
are two actually. The first one list demos the SK160, but says that it can
apply to most Silver Reed Machines. The second video listed is for the
SK150. I don't know what the second one covers, but the first one does not
include information of the ribbing bed. You might be able to get more
information from the owner if you e-mail her. She seems very helpful.
-ned