October 25 - quilting?

Old October 25th 11, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default October 25 - quilting?

Howdy!

As Taria knows, it's 2 months 'til Christmas.
Anyone working on Christmas quilts? G

No, not me; I don't work to that deadline. I like to make
Christmas things in the summer,
to remind me that our hellish Tx. heat won't last forever. ;-P

Let the Festival begin!

Ragmop/Sandy- with a tote bag full of Trick-or-Treat candy:
I'm ready for all the holidays!

Old October 25th 11, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 25/10/11 19:12, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

As Taria knows, it's 2 months 'til Christmas.
Anyone working on Christmas quilts?G

No, not me; I don't work to that deadline. I like to make
Christmas things in the summer,
to remind me that our hellish Tx. heat won't last forever. ;-P

Let the Festival begin!

Ragmop/Sandy- with a tote bag full of Trick-or-Treat candy:
I'm ready for all the holidays!

My cushion cover I finished today is a Christmas gift, but the table
runners I am giving were to have been for last year, but I didn't get
them done in time, so I had them all ready by the end of January :-)

Lizzy
Old October 25th 11, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Have a Christmas tree wall hanging ready for quilting and a table runner
half quilted. I may even get them finished for this year.

I've been taken over recently by the setting (chain) for the RCTQ BOM.
All the setting blocks are now made and sorted and the setting triangles
done too. Now I just need the November and December blocks and I will
just have the long seams to do. I didn't want to do my usual thing of
enjoying doing the BOMs and then put them away until I get round to
doing the setting and possibly just assembling them in a quick and easy
way just to get the project finished with. Hopefully by the time its
turn comes to be quilted I will be a little more proficient having
quilted the UFOs already in the queue!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old October 26th 11, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Last year I made 4 tree skirts. Kinda burned me on ever wanting to look at
a Christmas fabric. I've recovered I guess - my placemats really do need
replacing. I have some that are about 20 years old and still sparkle - and
some that are only 2 or 3 years old that are quite drab. Wonder what that's
about? Polly

Old October 26th 11, 10:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

You're making the rest of us look bad, Sally! :-) All I have so far is
sort of an idea. and it's nagging me. So far I'm caught up with making
the blocks, but might fall behind next month. But I do have a deadline
at the moment. Hate deadlines! They get in the way!
Roberta in D

Old October 26th 11, 10:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Are the sparkly ones at the bottom of the drawer? My granny always
said to put away laundered linens at the bottom of the stack so you
could keep rotating them, but we all get in a hurry.

Saw a quilting friend yesterday, sort of a novice with machine
quilting, who just finished assembling a set of fall placemats in a
fabric printed with oak leaves. Her husband is starting to get
involved -he suggested strongly that she ought to quilt them with
meandering leaves and acorns. And here we thought that 50% of
non-quilting spouses never even notice these things.
Roberta in D

Old October 26th 11, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Christmas on DH's HB?
Why didn't you sing to him instead?
We're waiting....

Butterfly (we DID get the housecoat done --SIL fnished it for us )

Old October 27th 11, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'm working on Halloween table toppers. Clearly I don't work well to
deadlines but they will be done for next year early!
I was sewing with some of the guild gals the other day and they are
working on neat Christmas package quilts. Cute things. I am in my
finish it up mode. If I finished as I went like you do Sandy I wouldn't
have to do this. : )
Taria

Old October 28th 11, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I folded. Was working with making squares of scraps. Made enough to cover
a Greyhound bus, the airport at Atlanta and at least a kingsize bed. Put it
on the design wall. Said, "That's nice" , stacked and boxed the squares.
It was getting in the way of more important things. Polly

Old October 30th 11, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Gibson[_3_]

On 25/10/2011 19:12, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

As Taria knows, it's 2 months 'til Christmas.
Anyone working on Christmas quilts?G

No, not me; I don't work to that deadline. I like to make
Christmas things in the summer,
to remind me that our hellish Tx. heat won't last forever. ;-P

Let the Festival begin!

Ragmop/Sandy- with a tote bag full of Trick-or-Treat candy:
I'm ready for all the holidays!

I'm taking the non-sewing way out as much as possible this year and
making gift baskets of jam, honey, handmade soap, bath fizzies, etc. So
much easier to assemble than a quilt, especially for those who don't
know how long a quilt takes.

For children, I am making fleece welly warmers/slippers, for Mark a
special cushion that has arms and helps you sit up in bed to read. It
is stuffed with all the bits and pieces from the fleece projects....
taking a lot more fleece bits to stuff it than I thought. The cover is
almost done (piping - I hate piping!) and that will be a big project out
of my sewing room and off the floor.

The babe is getting a Kinder Doll, for which I have all the special knit
fabric, sheepswool for stuffing and so on, but just need to begin.

The quilt I'm quilting just now was started in 2003, and which I took to
Russia in 2004 to work on. When I returned to the UK, the quilt like so
many things in my life, was shelved. I took it out and started working
on it seriously when I was pregnant. It is now on the machine, and has
all the grid quilting done.... Jacob's Ladder. I am about to quilt
diamonds along some of the diagonal seams in the blocks. I'm not going
to quilt it as heavily as I might have done, because the back is a giant
Carpenter's Wheel and the quilting from the Jacob's Ladder crisscrosses
it all over, but there you have it. I just want it done and given to
the recipient this year. His health is really not good, and well, done
is better than perfect.

The quilt has been shoved to the side as I made a cowboy sweatshirt for
the babe. He is heavily into cowboys right now, though we have no idea
where it springs from. I finished it this afternoon and it did cheer
him up, but the clocks going back and projectile vomiting is how ended
our evening.

I think it's time for bed....

-- Jo in Scotland

October Rita Quilting 6 October 3rd 10 03:09 PM
October is...... Rita Quilting 6 October 8th 09 03:01 PM
October FO's Shillelagh Yarn 6 November 13th 07 11:38 PM
FO's for October Shillelagh Yarn 13 November 6th 06 12:35 AM
October 6 x 6 sent Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 0 October 4th 04 02:22 PM