Sewing for my new apt. and more

Old July 24th 16, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Sewing for my new apt. and more

I have not done much sewing lately except for my apt. I made new Valances for the kitchen and dinning room and my other valances for the 2 bedrooms and living room was able to use the old ones and didn't even have to alter them. I also made place mats and napkins to match. I don't like curtains covering all my windows so just have vertical blinds and valances.
Yesterday I cut out material for two crib quilts. First one has different colored tractors on a white background, so I added 3 different solid colors to match tractors and these are just 5 1/2 in squares filler blocks. The second crib quilt is pink half squares using the churn dash pattern. www..quilterscasche.com has more than one size if you want to try this quilt. Think this will be cute, especially since I am using white 2 inch sashing and dark pink 2 inch corner squares at corners of sashing blocks. I hope to get started on these two quilts sometime next week.
All most forgot, I have also made a variety of cat/dog place mats for water bowls/food. These are all made with cat and dog prints of fabric. I still have some pot holders to make from left over material from other projects. The crib quilts, cat/dog mats and pot holders all go to the Senior craft show in November. I try to donate something to help seniors out. Most of these were done just before my move, while packing boxes.
Sandy$
Old July 24th 16, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

wrote in message

[...]

Sounds like you stay busy, and I think it is nice that you make the items
for the senior craft show. I have considered making dog place mats for my
kitchen but end up just buying the small bathroom rugs to put in the kitchen
and spend my time making doggie winter jackets for a few friends. I also
make a few simple tops for a friends grandchildren children to wear when
playing. And of course I make a few simple shorts & tops for me. I have a
couple patterns that I use most all the time, and no one but me knows how
quick it is to sew them up! But most of my sewing time has been taking up
clothes since I am still losing weight-----slow but steady, just a pound or
two a week. I like your idea for just having blinds with a valance for your
apt. That is mostly what I have in my house.
Barbara in SC, but right now on a vacation in FL

Old July 26th 16, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Barbara,
Glad you are also sewing. I really enjoy making things and when I make something for another person or group, it makes me feel good inside. Think you know what I mean. Keep sewing.
Sandy$