Ladybird Bags

Old November 8th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Default Ladybird Bags

Gillian Murray wrote:
Parrotfish wrote:
Ok, I know Americans call them Ladybugs ;o)
If anyone would like one of the Tesco bags, I can send some.
Just call it a 'thankyou' for all the tips and advice from fellow
stitchers on the group.
My email addy is valid.

Aha, mystery solved,

Now I know who Polly from Surrey is! I am curious, whereabouts in
Surrey? I was born in a Nursing Home in Wadden, prior to WW2, and lived
in Wallington until 1946. Then we moved to Uxbridge on the Middx/Bucks
border. Sheena goes to visit her aunt in Wallington, and just got back.

Cheryl is a big ladybird.bug fan...and I had to gloat over my Tesco bag!
LOL

Gillian

Gill,

Then I shouldn't tell about the most beautiful hand-painted teapot I
bought yesterday. I found it in a shop called Whimsey. It has
pussy-willows, ladybugs, and dragonflies on it. It is like a fine
colored pen and ink drawing. It is painted on the handle and spout as
well as the sides. Oh, I should mention it must be at least a ten cup
pot, so lots of needlework friends can gather around for what we do best.

Now I'll have to make a cosy for it.

Bobbie V.
Old November 8th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Queencityxstitcher wrote:
Gillian Murray wrote:
Parrotfish wrote:
[...]

It sounds pretty!! Big, too.

Old November 8th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/8/08 8:37 AM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Gillian Murray wrote:
Parrotfish wrote:
[...]

Oh dear - where is this fine emporium?

Cheryl

Old November 8th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Then I shouldn't tell about the most beautiful hand-painted teapot I
bought yesterday. I found it in a shop called Whimsey. It has
pussy-willows, ladybugs, and dragonflies on it. It is like a fine
colored pen and ink drawing. It is painted on the handle and spout as
well as the sides. Oh, I should mention it must be at least a ten cup
pot, so lots of needlework friends can gather around for what we do best.

Now I'll have to make a cosy for it.

Bobbie V.

Oh dear - where is this fine emporium?

Cheryl

Salzberg Square, Amherst. I have a by invitation only invite to their
open house on the 13th. Let me know if you are interested. They had some
interesting cards with sections of handmade paper. The paper had seeds
embedded and was to be planted. Most items were made in NH.
I also bought a Himalayan Salt lamp at Just Naturals and Georgette
bought some Lavender laundry detergent. Bobbie V
Old November 8th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/8/08 9:27 AM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

[...]

Hmm- don't have my full work schedule for next week yet. I'll have to let
you know!

Cheryl

Old November 8th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/8/08 10:04 AM, in article ,
"Jangchub" wrote:

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 08:21:25 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

I sometimes feel "guilty" when I use bags from one grocery store at another.
It's all in what was at the top of the bag to carry the bags and did I make
other stops.

And certain ones just work better. I have several from my first choice
store that are the size of the old style paper bags. Nice and deep and
squared off with reinforced corners and built in hard bottoms (not the kind
you can take out, break, lose etc). And I now have several thermal bags that
close, including the one with a zipper.

I don't think you have an Ikea near you, but they sell giant,
reuseable bags with handles for $.59 and I bought 20 of them. I use
them to do food shopping and weeding and when I go to the free city
mulch I use them there tool.

You shouldn't feel guilty, the stores have to pay for those plastic
bags. Down here Whole Foods pays the customer five cents for not
using plastic and bringing your own with you.

It's so nice to see so many people being so aware of these things. I
can remember not very long ago, especially on rec.gardens when people
used the term "treehugger" in such a disparaging way and now it's the
opposite in most cases.

Victoria

I get a nickel a bag for each one used. Some places give me the extra nickel
if I brought 6 bags and only needed 5; some don't. I always hated those
plastic bags but some many places stopped carrying paper.

Cheryl

Old November 8th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/8/08 8:05 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:33:17 -0000, "Parrotfish"
opined:

"Bruce Fletcher wrote ...
Parrotfish wrote:
snipperty
Those bags are *very* sturdy, about the best of the Supermarket
alternatives to plastic.

One of our local shops (we have two shops on the island) stopped supplying
plastic bags earlier this year. However, they gave each customer a free
burlap bag; most people bought another one, they were about one pound
each.
--
The trouble is........ how many bags is too many?
I've had 2 packs of 3 bags from Nescafe rewards, 2 Cancer charity bags from

I am happy to confess to being the second one - I came home with a
Highgrove one from Tetbury - not that it will mean anything here lol I
have collected them for years, also tea towels, it takes me a couple
of months to work through the piles and repeat, even have special ones
for Christmas.

I sometimes feel "guilty" when I use bags from one grocery store at another.
It's all in what was at the top of the bag to carry the bags and did I make
other stops.

And certain ones just work better. I have several from my first choice
store that are the size of the old style paper bags. Nice and deep and
squared off with reinforced corners and built in hard bottoms (not the kind
you can take out, break, lose etc). And I now have several thermal bags that
close, including the one with a zipper.

I have one from them, too. I rather like the way there is a snap to keep
the thing compact when you are not using it. Whole Foods bags are also
big . They take three 12packs of cans, vertically in them. That is the
one we always used in NH to take the empties back to the store; Jim's
job was to feed the empties into the machine while I did the shopping.
kept him out of my hair for a while.

Gill

Down here I haven't seen the 5 cents a bag for using them. I shall have
to talk to the Store managers about that!
Old November 8th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/8/08 8:05 AM, in article
,

Parrotfish wrote:
[...]

If you use your own reusable totes to carry groceries, what do you use for
garbage? I recycle the grocery plastic bags for that use.

Lucille

Old November 8th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/8/08 10:25 AM, in article ,
"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/8/08 8:05 AM, in article
,

Parrotfish wrote:
[...]

I buy the kitchen size bags. I need the room....

Old November 8th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 11/8/08 10:25 AM, in article ,
"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/8/08 8:05 AM, in article
,

Parrotfish wrote:
[...]

So you're still using plastic.

Bags is HOT! (w/ pix) joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 6 October 30th 08 10:09 PM
More tote bags. Kate Dicey Quilting 5 September 6th 05 08:47 PM
Hygiene Bags The Laws Quilting 4 September 3rd 05 04:41 PM
Take a look at these bags. Shirley Shone Beads 8 March 25th 04 10:03 PM