Moretti - beads/marbles and this funny new product i just found called PMC3.

Old August 3rd 04, 09:29 AM
KDK

Default Moretti - beads/marbles and this funny new product i just found called PMC3.

PMC3 can be used with glass. You just need to fire it in a kiln at the low
temp/slow fire and let it cool slowly. I've used PMC3 to "wrap" dichroic
cabs.

The top left should work fine. I can't visualize the top right one - sorry

The bottom should be fine. You might want to form the stems and let them
harden a bit and then put it all together.

I have a few PMC pieces on my webshots page (they are from my level I and
level II certification classes)

http://community.webshots.com/user/sparklydiva (pmc class pieces album)

Kathy K

pauly12345 wrote in message
Slightly off topic but the basis is for beadwork/flamework.

http://img47.exs.cx/img47/7092/quicktest.jpg

Hi, just ordered about $200 worth of kit and material on a impulse buy
last night. Amazing things ive seen made with pmc3. Complete newbie.

Got a few questions though with reference to the above quickly
rendered picture of some objects using the pmc3.

In the one on the left, how is shrinkage likely to work with strands
of pmc over a glass marble or bead. Will it shrink and break as it
tries to pull in to the smaller diameter? Or will it work itself more
linearly within each strand.

On the one on right, if i embed slivers or small glass shapes in a
larger peice of predecorated pmc will the small amount of shrinkage
likely snap each peice?

On the bottom one, will it hold its own weight well or not at all. Am
i limited to surrounding something like cork that burns off before it
shrinks or is it likely to hold a complicated shape like my bottom
object?

Just wondering. Plan to use it with my glass work (which im only now
getting ready to learn).

Any info would be appreciated.

Hoping to get a few in here that also use pmc3, no doubt ill be
makings some beads along with the marbles and abstract shapes.

Old August 8th 04, 09:19 AM
KDK

Thanks!! I have some ideas for some new pieces -but I haven't really had
time to get the PMC out and play. I really want to do some more rings.

Kathy k
"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Whoa, Kathy, I hadn't seen those pendants before, or the ring! Somehow I
must have missed them the first time around. YUM!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay