OT - Please Help Ladies!! Restroom Etiquette - Your Opinions Needed!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 10th 03, 09:27 PM
Sharon Harper

It's a doozy of a subject isn't it? I'm lucky enough to have 2 girls and
most times we go out as a family so there are no hassles. HOWEVER, I have
had boys out with us and have had to take them into the ladies. I usually
manage to avoid the boys in ladies/girls in gents by using a disabled
toilet. Yes I know they are supposed to be for disabled but sometimes it
gets around this problem. Daddy takes girls into disabled toilet, no-one
gets funny looks from either gender, in and out in five minutes. I think
boys who are getting up to the 7-10 range should be okay to go into the
gents with mum standing guard outside. And I don't think I'd like to find a
man in the ladies either!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"TwinMom" wrote in message
OK, so to make this a bit OT, I was away this weekend at a quilting

retreat
(Had a GREAT TIME btw!) and the following item came up between DH & I. We
have a 3yo DD and twin 7yo DS and our DD had to use the public restroom at
McD's. DH took her into the men's room, which I found really gross, not

only
because the men's rooms are, generally, filthy, but I don't want her

exposed
(no pun intended) to strangers using the facilities. I felt he should be
taking her into the women's rooms, whenever a single use or family

restroom
is not available. She is not old enough to go unattended and, after all, I
take the boys, now 7, into the women's with me. A lengthy discussion has
ensued, so I'm seeking the opinions of follow females, as many as

possible,
on the following issues:
1) How do you feel about a father accompanying his very young daughter

into
the women's restroom to use the facilities? Would you feel threatened or
offended, or would you understand the situation?
2) If you, or your family has experienced this problem with

dads/daughters,
how did you address it?
3) Not important, but I am starting to get "looks" at having my little

boys
in the facilities with me. Do any of you take offense at boy children, say
under 10, in the woman's restroom with their mothers?
No flames please, I'm just trying to get a cross section of opinions from
various ages, w/ and w/o children, etc.
TIA
Lorraine in Los Alamos