FO's for October

Old November 3rd 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default FO's for October

I didn't see anyone starting this thread, so here goes:

A pair of socks for a Christmas gift.
The felted sweater bag for myself

WIP's
Candle Flame Shawl for my sister for Xmas
Woodsy sweater for my granddaughter for Xmas.

Let's hear from everyone else ;)

Shelagh

Old November 3rd 06, 07:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Shillelagh wrote:
I didn't see anyone starting this thread, so here goes:

A pair of socks for a Christmas gift.
The felted sweater bag for myself

WIP's
Candle Flame Shawl for my sister for Xmas
Woodsy sweater for my granddaughter for Xmas.

I made a hat out of bulk yarn, but something went wrong with the
decreases and I have to frog it and do it over. Live and learn.

=Tamar

Old November 3rd 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

FO's: 8 charity hats. 3 hats for family.

WIP's: At least 1 more hat for charity. 1 Harry Potter POA style
scarf, still haven't had time to finish weaving in all those ends and
sew that LOOOONG seam. Winding 100% wool yarn samples into center
pull balls for an HK aran I'd like to start this month. I so need a
yarn swift to hold those hanks!

Leah
Old November 3rd 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Craftkitten

Hi

Here is my list.
FO's
1 Izzy doll
22 baby toques
1 pair men's slippers
2 baby afghans 25x25
1 baby afghan 30 x 42
1 kids afghan 30x30
2 cross-stitchs

WIP's
10 Izzy dolls
3 baby afghans
5 cross-stitches

Darlene

Old November 3rd 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Although it seems like I knit every day of the month (I think I really
did) I only got 1 pair of socks made. They are the Snowflake socks
from Magknits. They are for my mom and turned out great. I've started
a pair of socks for my dad for his Christmas present, and when they are
done, the knitting is all for ME! I will finally make myself a pair of
socks and I ordered some alpaca to make myself the belted cardigan from
the last Vogue Knits. Beyond that, I have a baby gift (as yet
undetermined) that needs to be done before March, and who knows what
else.

Happy crafting,

Hesira

Old November 3rd 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Shillelagh wrote:
I didn't see anyone starting this thread, so here goes:

A pair of socks for a Christmas gift.
The felted sweater bag for myself

WIP's
Candle Flame Shawl for my sister for Xmas
Woodsy sweater for my granddaughter for Xmas.

Let's hear from everyone else ;)

A baby Aran set for a friend's expected baby boy.
A pair of socks for my granddaughter
A pair of Socks of Doom
A blue vest for me. (Finished but not assembled)

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 3rd 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

hesira wrote:
Although it seems like I knit every day of the month (I think I really
did) I only got 1 pair of socks made. They are the Snowflake socks
from Magknits. They are for my mom and turned out great. I've started
a pair of socks for my dad for his Christmas present, and when they are
done, the knitting is all for ME! I will finally make myself a pair of
socks and I ordered some alpaca to make myself the belted cardigan from
the last Vogue Knits. Beyond that, I have a baby gift (as yet
undetermined) that needs to be done before March, and who knows what
else.

I like those socks, Hesira. Did you really use needles that small with
only 52 sts? And did they fit you?

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 3rd 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Hi Katherine,

I think the lace pattern makes the socks much looser than regular
socks. I had to move down to size 1's US, because I started using size
2's and they were much too large. The only problem I see in the pair I
made for Mom, is the snowflake pattern isn't as apparent as the one in
the picture. I used Opal Uni instead of Lorna's Laces, and smaller
needles, so maybe that's why. I still think they are pretty and they
fit me pretty well. I'm small though, and maybe if someone had bigger
calves than me, they might be tight. In that case the #2's would
probably fix it. Here's a picture in my blog of me modeling them.

http://hesiraknits.blogspot.com/2006...g-it-done.html

Hesira

Old November 5th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"hesira" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Katherine,

I think the lace pattern makes the socks much looser than regular
socks. I had to move down to size 1's US, because I started using size
2's and they were much too large. The only problem I see in the pair I
made for Mom, is the snowflake pattern isn't as apparent as the one in
the picture. I used Opal Uni instead of Lorna's Laces, and smaller
needles, so maybe that's why. I still think they are pretty and they
fit me pretty well. I'm small though, and maybe if someone had bigger
calves than me, they might be tight. In that case the #2's would
probably fix it. Here's a picture in my blog of me modeling them.

http://hesiraknits.blogspot.com/2006...g-it-done.html

Hesira

Love the socks, and your paintings are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing
with us...........

Shelagh